1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free stretches of the river tees? fresh water fishing

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Pictures' started by BOOMSTICK, Aug 23, 2010.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Send you some venues for free (and good) fishing by PM in the morning, going to swallow some Pernod now

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice 1 cheers brian speak soon

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I dont know if you lads have looked on this site www.dofreefishing.com for advice and places to fish for free in England.
    The E-A also have a website with information on free waters around the country.
    I bet you will get sea-trout on the Tees if your fishing into darkness.
    Good luck :happy:pB

4. BOOMSTICK

hi lochbois yeh i use dofreefishing but they can be a bit vague on the boundries its always best to get some 1 who has fished it and has the knowledge as i dont want to gget in to trouble didnt know the E-A had a section there site will have a look cheers

scotty

5. lochbois

lochbois Guest

The E-A do a little book free to anglers i always fancy trying the free sections on the Tees above Croft .
    As you say the boundries arnt clear and i always get a snotty baliff who wont listen to me.
    I used to fish the Middleton one Row free section in the late 70s .
    The banks get well overgrown these days with all the nitrates washed into the river from the farming.
    The Wear has some big chub and barbel.
    The club i am in allows winter fishing on a day ticket i think.
    If you give Witton Castle Trout lakes a ring or look on their website you will be better informed.
    Im in Bishop Auckland Angling Club and only fish for the game fish in the Wear.
    Ferryhill Angling Club has a lot of course fishing sections on various rivers in the north east and they have some ponds .
    Good luck :wink:pB

6. BOOMSTICK

Nice 1 cheers skunkhead will have to plan a few days out soon