1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes I'm rearing the topic again,the last suggested date fell bad with the Penn final etc.With the weather not being right good for the yaks/small boats of late and the summer rock fishing being a hit and miss affair so far ,how about a suggestion of a summer skate/doggie hound match over an agreed stretch of the Holderness with a heaviest fish basis ? Got to be a good loosener for those casting muscles and a break of the long spell between the end of last season and the Festivals ?
    Thoughts ?

Cheers Jellyworm.

2. woody

woody New Member

defo up for it dave just needs organizing ! :cheesy:

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I don't have a problem organising unless someone else has a burning desire to do so.

4. robq

robq Rockling

Go for it Dave :yes:

Just set a date for when the majority can make it and set it at that. I will be up for it as long as I am not at work. Any venue or format is ok by me

5. woody

woody New Member

are we gonna go with a sat or a sun ?when are most people free ?

6. shammy

shammy New Member

i'm up for that, just give me a few weeks of notice

7. Steve

Steve Rockling

if the last one had been fished on the date and venue that was agreed then w would all of been in for cod, skate bonanza.
    i tried to get it going last time, im up for it this time, good luck to those who try and organize it.
    ill just go with the flow.
    let me know the outcome.

8. woody

woody New Member

it wants stickying when it gets half way down page ? do we want a big ,medium small tide ? whos up 4 it ?

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Im up for it, but its just getting there and back thats a problem :canadian:

10. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Sounds good to me. Ill be there aslong as I'm not working

11. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

me an my mate will be up for it as long as times and dates are ok for us

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sunday 20th Hilston fishing 14.00 til 20.00 hrs. how does that sound for everyone?

Further details to follow.

Cheers Jellyworm.

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

newbiggin summer open worm, no rock match angler can do, sorry

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Working :cry:

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Looks like same old same old...everyone has more commitments than free time.Would be well into August for me if not 20th July as I only get 2 weekends in 5 off and not organising something I can't attend.
    Maybe next year .

16. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad:

17. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: have to be next month really

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I'll fish it whenever or what-ever date you set mate, be good to show a few of them northern boys how to fish with sand under your toes :kiss: :cheesy:

Ken

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ok then one last go for me :happy:
    AUGUST 31ST. Hilston, fishing 1200 (noon) til 18.00 (6pm).
    The tide is a decent size tide and those hours give 5hours up an hour down....prime time for that venue.
    I m happy to organise a match and think that if it is venue specific then it should be with a boundary from Hilston lane end road blocks down to Tunstall boat slip (about 2 miles of beach) (so there will be plenty of room pegging difficult on a Sunday I think),heaviest single fish any species.Optional bag pools.

Deffo a good loosener before the Filey festival starts the following weekend.

So from our vast membership who can make that date ?

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

So from our vast membership who can make that date ?

Me :happy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.