1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****FORUM MATCH UPDATE !!!!!*****

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Pleased your day was a success guys abig well done to all who took part and to the winner Tricky 999 also to Dave for organising the event. :happy: :happy:

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

congrats trickie on managing to winkle the winning fish , it was hard work as the fish were not biting, in fact well done to all the lads who caught fish..even my mate crackoff !!!!!!!!!!!! ...keith was wondering what to call himself when he joins ...problem sorted...lol
    it was a great day, good banter, and ken managed to get me , keith and i think it was rob ? excited as keiths rod began to twitch ...with 3 sets of eyes and god knows how many years of angling knowledge staring at the rod tip we all said it was a skate ...then another couple of knocks ..then a gentle pull..its a skate and its hooked ...get it in....then we noticed the line going up the beach against the tide....towards ken who was reeling in ....lol cheers ken for lifting the spirits of me and kieth and giving us a laugh...
    a BIG THANKYOU to jellyworm and kim for the hard work organising it all and thanks to everyone for a great day...
    cant wait for the next one

3. robq

robq Rockling

It did look like a skate bite did,nt it Sage!!

You were remarkably chilled out even when the tip started bouncing about quite hard !!

At least you didnt blank mate, those little turbot are quite cute eh ?

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye sorry guys, that was due to a fluffed cast, think I had been watching Keith for too long :whistle: :laugh: . Ner it was a good day for me, it was the first time i have ever used peeler and thanks to Rob I feel i can now at least prepare and present this bait half right ( I overcame my fear of nippy things abit :embarrass: )

Plus after all you lot left I got the Appolo out and lowered my reels to the bottom of the butt and had a fair few chucks until I was confident i could at least fish this way. Practiced a bit off the deck too - I'm getting better :happy: .

5. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

it was a really enjoyable day. we [hartlepool pirates] only decided to join you at the last minute after an aborted club trip to seahouses.

it was a really warm day and even though there wasnt lots of fish at least some were caught to make it interesting.

well done to those getting the better fish. we were really pleased for aaron getting third place with his first ever ray.

looks like we had the best of the weather. the rain started as we left and lashed down all the way home. when cleaning the bus out this morning, it is still full of spiders :no:

well done to jelly and kim for the organising, because even small events can be hard work.

6. Jem

Jem Blenny

Was a canny day out, shame the fish didn't think so down where we fished lol, nice to finally meet Jock (jock74) known him a while from another forum :yes: , put a couple of names to faces as well even though i didn't manage to speak to many, spoke to Bill (Dabcatcher ) nice to meet ya mate, for my first trip down that way i wasn't expecting much but a fish or 2 would have been nice to cap the day off pmsl,think i only had one bite allday :cry: anyhow i'll be ganning back down that way owa the winter cos it looks a grand venue :cheesy: def be up for another meet,(might get to speak to other members this time round) a rock mark up this way would be good :whistle:

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

congratulations lads and well done to jellster and kim for making the effort. :cool:

8. acko 1

acko 1 New Member

Hey Fishcake i am sure the guys wont mind taking the money off you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

acko gy

9. shammy

shammy New Member

thanks to dave and kim it was a good day, nice to meet some of the forum members.sorry woody that hole kept calling me. :laugh:

10. woody

woody New Member

ha ha was in it all day bud well done you could,nt write a finish like that mate :laugh: :laugh:

11. Baramundi Bob

Is there any way of finding out an estimation of the weight of Trickeys fish as he would like to include it in the hall of fame ??

12. Keith R

Keith R New Member

After 35 years i should be able to cast by now, i dont know about you lads but after 3 or 4 bad uns on the bounce yer backside falls out and it all comes apart, nevermind hope to have the problem sorted now, better next time hopefully. Keith R (Crackoff) had a great day anyway, thanks to jellyworm and his lady.

13. Baramundi Bob

Hi Keith, Welcome to our site. :happy: :happy:

14. Steve

Steve Rockling

hi glenn. i took the photo of the fish and after it was unhooked i picked it up and would estimate its weight at aprox 6.5lb. trickie found somewhere that gave a scale and it said between 5.5lb-7lb. i beleive it to be towards the top end of the scale as the fish also had some depth to it

15. jock74

jock74 New Member

Nice to meet you Jellyworm, well organised, maybe next time I'll get to fish with you all, also glad to meet Jem and Acko though we've exchanged post on another site this is the first time we've met. Jock

16. fire1160

fire1160 New Member

i couldnt make it but after reading the reports sounds like you all had a grate time count me in for the next one .......there is gonna be another aint there ? :canadian: well done mrs and mr worm