1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Match on Sunday *CHANGES*

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Supersonic, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Did any fish two matches at once today?

2. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Pictures and results anyone??????????

3. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

must be still on the piss

4. Im Cartacus

Im Cartacus Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

So who won then? and not just in the pi55 taking stakes, was it a Northern numpty or a Southern nancy and did the fish make a show?
    But regardless of who won what, a big well done to all those who took part. :yes:
    Tight lines.

5. graydays

graydays Codling - the spawn of two different fish?

Well, don't know if i'm the first back but it wasn't me who won. Didn't have so much as a knock all day. If there were any fish about they weren't in my bay. Cold, wet and miserable blanking time. One of these days I'm gonna take the hint and pack it all in cos there doesn't seem to be any fish left in the sea to catch. :sad: :sad:

6. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hey lads the results
    1st place goes to ducky for being the uglyest gayest angler there
    2nd place goes to willyeverfindusbendit for not entering the right match but it was a good day apart from u southern cod heads showing us ur good spots my arse they wer good the onlin good spots are the 1s on there arses

7. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

And there was a possibility of it being someone else???? :embarrass:

8. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Well what a day :embarrass: :embarrass: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Firstly a thank you to supersonic for organising our little foray to the southern beaches - a very unusual fishing local for some.
    Well done to those who stuck out the grind in less then anything near perfect conditions and an extra well done to the few of us who managed to reel in something that swims :gum: :gum: :laugh: :yes: :yes: :yes:
    Well the day started great with an easy drive to the beach to play sandcastles (we all know who should of brought their bucket and spades) :laugh: :laugh:
    Willyeagertogetabendinit led me right up a garden path and entered us into the Hornsea pairs match :surprise: :surprise: :laugh: :laugh:. I realised the error of benditsways during a chat with 1lastcast so I had a quick drive back to correct willheevergetitrights mistake. Gary (1lastcast) had sorted us out with some top worm cheers fella, hope to see you on a boat trip soon.
    So the scene was set, the view down the beach was a mottly assortment of what loosely resembled fishermen, some had big green umbrellas!. Up north some colour in the water is most needed but down here it was like hot chocolate way out to sea and rather lively close in :surprise: :laugh: along with an onshore wind.
    By 5 past 9 willyeverseeafish was cold and went off for a wander and a chat with i believe "seabass". For the most part it was a cast - rebait - ponder - wind in - rebait - cast kind of a day - we do our bit to help out the bait diggers it has to be said :laugh: :laugh:.
    About half twelve the action started with at first a little tap on the rod tip followed by a huge surge forward nearly lifting the rear of the tripod up, i raced to the rod handle in a blinding swirl of sand that willy was nearly choked by and struck into the bite with all i could. Do i tighten the drag up or backwind was my dilemma as i felt the weight of the monster on my line. After a titanic struggle my quarry surrendered to my power and found its way to gary for a measure :surprise: :laugh: it took three attempts to get an accurate measure of this monster slippery slug coming in at a jaw dropping 20cm :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Well i couldn't take the **ss out of willyeverwarmup for the whole thread could I???
    Really good to meet some of you guys and i will be looking forward to future adventures :yes: :yes: :laugh:

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

So who won? Oh yes it was team pie. Lol. You lot from the north are good sports, but a lot backwards. Lol.
    1st andy crow
    2nd mr j. Worm
    3rd iain the mole sellers also the biggest fish.
    Yes thanks kev great day.
    Wish i never put faces to names with you lot, who all look alike, (inbread) lol.

10. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well what a sh1t venue to fish. But ! What a laugh ! Over the last week i've been reading through some of the posts and thought ? ? ? ? ? ? Well where do i begin. ! For the 1st time i have met some of the lads off the forum. And a big yeah to kev(supersonic) for organising today thanx kev. Now the fun starts. The 2 clowns from out a town sillybendit and dozeyfish ? Are you 2 for real. Fancy entering the wrong comp. That just made team north's day. . . . . How dare you 2 call us northern's THICK. .? Ducky A.K.A butch dingle. On the way home we passed him and quint the moleman dogging in a layby near filey. Typical southern's. So i didn't get round to meet every1 but ? Hey they's always next time. Thanx lad's. . . . Lol.

11. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hahahahaha lmfao woof woof dont forget butch ur ment 2 turn the interior light on so other dirty southerners can join in lol yeh it was a good day carnt wait till u lot cum up hear and we show u how 2 fish lol nice meeting yah all espeshely team north at least 50percent ov our team north weighed in well done lads and thanks supersonic great day

12. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Big Thanks to Kev for organising the little foray.

It was nice to put faces to the names on the forum posts

Well done to everyone for trying, In not the best of conditions and a BIG well done to the Guys and Girl who actually caught something.

As for me it was a big BLANK but Hey I was there more for the craic and that was cool.

Kev I will drop you a PM next week and we will see if we can get out and fish some new marks

Carl

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done Kev...a good day out even though the weather and fish didn't do us any favours !.....looks like the fishing gods shone kindly on those down on Spurn Road today.

Great to put some faces to names............well done to the Scarborough team......who put in a sterling team effort...well most did...there was a noticeable absense from the members who caught ?, Mind you didn't stop him lapping up the glory of the others catchers....lol.............small hooks...the future :cool: :cool: :cool:

So a spring forum match....who is going to step into the breach and organise one ?

Cheers again Kev

14. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well a huge thank you and well done to kev for orginising a quality day and thanks ducky for your little gift although i think you could of done with it dogging on the way home lol and as for willyeverfindtherightmatchjusttostandthereandblank thanks for bringing the moral could not stop laffin after deadlylookingletsjustblamewillyforeverything rang me at 1 min past 9 to tell me what happened looking forward to round 2 of north vs south

cheers lads and lasses
    scotty

15. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Would many be up for a forum rock match. Or a pier match. ? ? ? Late february early march. ?

16. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

enjoyed the day pity the fish were hiding ,they were for me anyway .joining 2 matchs didnt work for the dynamic duo,at least i only had to explain how crap i was to one set of lads . my lucky hardhat didnt work but kept my head warm. see you all on the next one . frank

17. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

If it were a pier match on a Saturday I would defiantly be up for it But Sundays I would have to check if I could get the time off work to go

18. Sea over the Shingle

Sea over the Shingle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good to meet people from the forum and once again a big thankyou to Kev for organising it all. :yes:

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Yes i have to say it was a fun day, the fishing was secondary, we all had agood laugh,and the banter was great, a big well done to Kev for organising it ,and well done to all who caught , it made a change scratching for the bits and pieces and brought back memories of my early days club match fishing for bits and bobs on a summers day on open beaches, the change was good for moralle,and who knows there may be another one ,thanks to boomstick for the lift there and wayne and carl for the patter there and back, it was nice to put a few names to faces ,especily to little Duke, he is cute as a button ,thats Dave and Kims dog, see you all again ,Harry

20. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Good morning all well what can i say after having a white knuckle ride over to hornsea i got out of deadlys van faster than a rat up a drain pipe ran into the (marine ) payed my entry fee and never thought anymore about it it wasn't until (1 lastcast ) Gary was having a ratchet with deadly about tactics when all hell broke loose deadly came over to me and said are you fishing for the numptys (No) Wye whats up you've booked us in the wrong f king match now it was deadly turn to get into his van faster than a rat up a drain pipe races back to the pub and tells the Steward willybendit wants his money back and mine as well he then gets back to me on the beach and starts shouting a load of abuse (he s the one with a degree) thick tw t anyway we all settle down fishing then the cold got hold of my hands I f king hate been cold that killed it for me but like a true trooper i stuck it out i was gonna stick my hands round deadlys crown Jewell's but thought (1 lastcast) might get jealous so i went over to the next man fishing to my left turns out to be seabass (Chris) who i have sent a p.m to in the past nice meeting you then deadly starts receiving and sending text from the numptys down the beach theres boommydipstick (scotty) crapped in a cods eye ( Wayne) harrycatchnocod (harry) and god frightens all cod (Carl) and I'm getting colder and colder then f k me the 2 of the 4 numptys come for a chat spouting off about thay have caught fish 3 miles out or it could of been 3mts after listening to the two retards i go and watch my rod tip what a waste of time by this time my feet are cold and my hands are blue so i start watching deadly casting think he as finally got it 30 to 40 yards straight out no car windows smashed lampposts dragged off the footpath bentover or litter bins demolished then as I'm falling asleep deadly jumps up and crys out Ive f king got one (A Slug) I'm in the money now ha ha i finally put my rod away thinking a wish id stopped in bed back at the pub I'm in for a bit of pss taking off the numptys and a few others you know who you are (i don't get mad i get even) so all in all not the best of days for me but i did enjoy the company and putting names to faces (what a bunch of ugly c nts some are) a big thank you must go to Kev (superdipsticktonic) for organising the match and to all the forum members that turned out on a difficult day me and my ( pairs fishing partner) deadly are looking forwards to the next time we can all get together so thanks to scotty Wayne harry Carl john hope the reels OK frank Gaza Dave Chris & Carl from cas if Ive missed anyone out please forgive me my brain & feet are still frozen ( my hands are now OK Ive had them on our lasses funsacks all night ) Ha Ha tightlines to one and all Alain