1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Match on Sunday *CHANGES*

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Supersonic, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Thanks so much to everyone who came along and supported the match, even though we all knew it would be a tough day given the conditions.

Well done to the winners, and thanks to the biggest losers of the day - willybendit and deadlyfish - for having me howling when I heard they'd entered the wrong match.

It was a great laugh an the beach and back at the boozer, I really enjoyed myself as did most of you by the sounds of it. Just wish we'd stuck to plan A and gone Kilnsea as it looks like there's a few cod about down there.

It was too cliche to say in the pub, but it really was a day where the taking part was the thing that mattered most, and Aidy would have been so proud to see such a great turnout in his memory. Thanks again lads I really appreciate it.

2. andycod

andycod New Member

just a quick thanks to kev for a good day,it was good to target something different for a change,maybe the scarborough lads arnt one trick ponies after all dave :wink:

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Reels good thanks Alain. Just about to put some line on.

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Exactly Andy and well done to you for demonstrating so .

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Ducky the line that's on is 15lb silver thread good stuff but no doubt you will want something that will pull a tractor backwards (been ex emmerdale) all you need now is its mate still got one up for grabs deadlys having one now that he can cast straight seems a bit of a waste for dragging (slugs) up the beach 40yards he will be ringing you about the old line your taking off now hes casting better he s looking for sponsorship once the sun comes out he will be giving jellyworm some ear ache wanting to go distance casting over grass it has taken me three years to get him where he is today and boy have there been long years to date he as knackered (27) miles of line tightlines Alain

6. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

I am well up for a rematch anywhere as having a laugh meeting fellow forum members and maybe catching a fish or one makes for a good day out. :yes: :yes: If its to be a pier match can we get it closed to the public for the allotted time as casting from tunstall my line was in the water at hornsea but on a pier lives could very well be at risk :laugh: :laugh:
    Hope to see a few of you at the weekend and possibly dare I say it a cod!!!!!! :yes: :yes:

7. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well well well ! Sillywillybendit and dozeyfish how can you 2 call us numpty's ! ! A degree ? What in dozeyology...... And sillybendit if us northerner's didn't come and say hello you 2 would have gone crazy talking to each other... You giving it bla him giving it blow. You giving it ooooo it feel's warm an small him giving it your hands are to cold take em off my ball's. . . . . . Saturday night runswick bay low water. Fiver a head any1 up for it. The looks good. ?

8. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Christ you northerners are gluttons for punishments :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I should be good for lifting your cash from your sticky fingers. Shall we do a swop about to see if you can still catch with willyheevercatch clutching your nuts for warmth :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Could be a touch early to call a location as the weather may dictate a more suitable venue :yes: :yes:

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Crapped in a cods eye ill have a word in deadly lug and see if he fancies taking your cash off you now that he can cast straight he as just put 1500 yards on the coffee grinder so there is nowt stopping him now we might have to move the lifeboat station over a bit to his left or he just might pull the door off its hinges should he get over confident on the back swing then come the brighter nights I'm going to try him with a multiplier now this should be fun Ive witnessed what this boy can do with a fixed spool reel and the times Ive had to apologise to people is unbelievable must be more than 100 walking dogs 150 eating fish&chips 4 councils Whitby scarborough dunfries and Galloway and Isle of man when he cracked off so I'm up for it must get a hand warmer a young flatback with big funsacks will do or i might bring down a small b b q you lot bring the chips and we ll catch the fish Ha Ha

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Andy , yes i must agree it was a change trying something different that we hadnt done for years,
    sods law the bloomin cod decided to turn up at the original venue,
    i,m ready for the bass hunt now ,with dreams of another biggie, :wink: so bring on the summer and the mull of galloway, :cool: