1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Match on Sunday *CHANGES*

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Supersonic, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Well the time is nearly upon us....

Aidy's Memorial Match

Sunday 7th February 2010, Hornsea South Beach

Meet at 8:00 - 8:30 to fish 9:00 - 15:00 (HT 11:15, 4.6 on Brid Scale)
    (I'll post up actual meet location when I'm sure of it, and also a map)

Catch and release match, £5 entry + £2 optional pool for biggest fish

1 Rod with max two hook rig allowed

Onto the finer points, Jellyworm Dave has reliably informed me of a nearby pub for a couple of ales afterwards :yes: :happy:

Hope plenty can turn out for this, as it's for a good reason and I'm sure there'll be laughs aplenty, despite the less than ideal weather and sea forecast.

[size=12pt]Can I have a list of attendees underneath please? I know some have already stated interest or confirmed they're coming, but I'd just like a list all in one place! :happy:

Attendance list:

Myself + me old man
    Jellyworm
    Boomstick
    Harrythecod
    Captain cod eye
    Deadlyfish
    Willybendit
    Frank Avey
    God ov all cod
    1LASTCAST
    Fazbats + Dave

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Im coming and there is harrythecod and captain cod eye coming down in my car

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I m in. :laugh:

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Come on Lads ,we will have a good laugh if nowt ellse,i am looking forward to it,and i am going to see what my scratching skills are like ,its years since i did a bit of scratching :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. robq

robq Rockling

Sorry but I am working 12 hour nights sat to tues so not able to attend :sad:

Good luck to all who fish !!

6. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

aint spoken to willievergetabendinit yet but i think we are looking good to join in

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

sorry I cant be there, good luck with it lads

8. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

few lads of forum came and fished match i arranged on drive couple of weeks ago. would love to return the thanks by coming down and supporting this match but have to take wife away this weekend for 20th annivesary. tight line to all hope it a good one .pete

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i,m in see you sunday frank

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi All Deadlylookingfisheadipstick rang me up tonight to tell me he s going to kick rse on sunday so we all have to watch out cos this boy can cast 250 yards backwards no probbs hope Matt in the compound is sat behind bullet proof glass cos deadly will have him hook line and sinker i think jellyworm is the ringer ( his local beach) so deadly can fish to jelly's left that's him well taken care of then theres harrythecod top notch guitar player and fisher man haven't seen him catch out yet (think he fishes with straight hooks ) who else is there ill have a look tomorrow night ive no chance cos i dont know were hornsea is yet no dought deadly will try and kill me getting there tightlines Alain

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Now now Alain ,i did catch a coalie when i took you and rich to the boiler :yes:

12. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Sadly harry the non rod bender has caught two super small this season to be fair to him although he new nowt about them being on until they slapped him round his kisser.
    I am sure he will show us all how to blank in style esp as he wont be able to see after my lead get him clean between the legs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Harry are you changing your name to harrythecoalie then sounds like local coalman Ha Ha and as for deadly trying to smack me in the nuts that will more luck than management blind t at at leased i can catch COD in yorkshire i don't have to poach Scotland's fish to get my name up in lights just to give you and deadly a chance I'm Gunner use a handline with 8/0 pennel hooks on fishing worm out the garden see you sunday tightlines Alain the cod catcher fish caught in yorkshire
    Alain 2 cod
    harry 1 coalfish no score
    rich f ckall no score

14. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well scotty it looks like where in for a bit of competition on sunday ? Looks like me and you are guna struggle with our 40.yard casting distance. . . ? these's guy's can cast a whole 250.yards but the question is ? ? ? After each cast how many of them bring in the whole 250.yards of line. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(not many) ! And how many respool or change reel ? ? ? ? ?(most me them) ! Looks like we'll be in the water a lot longer than them. You never know scotty we mite be in with a chance.

15. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

quote:
    Onto the finer points, Jellyworm Dave has reliably informed me of a nearby pub for a couple of ales afterwards

If this is the marine pub are we allowed to bring our own stab jackets and baseball bats!! :hurt: :laugh:
    count me in !!

16. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i will be there BOOMSTICK is fitting me in his car if thats ok still scotty

17. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Mate Dave and I defiantly in Kev

18. bucko

bucko New Member

Unfortunately an offer of some work in the north west on Saturday night means I'll not make it but best of luck with it all Kev and I hope everyone has a good session.

19. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Looking like a decent turnout, cheers lads :happy:

Aidy's missus and sister are gonna come for the kick off, and are donating a bottle of wine to the winner :happy:

Least there's no rain and slightly less wind predicted now :yes:

20. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

I get the feeling my smile may return on sunday as the craic starts on whatever piece of beach we end up on!!!
    If we are gonna turn it into a casting comp you had best all bring two hard hats if anywhere near me :laugh: :laugh:
    Do i get ten casts added together to get to 250??? :laugh: :laugh: I am mastering underarm casting but the bloody lead keeps smacking me in the face :hurt: :hurt: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I have seen one of hewillneverbendits casts, the lead was clear to see shooting to the horizon, just a shame that the zzzzzziiiiinnnnnggggg of a successful cast was preceded by a very loud CRACK!! :laugh: :laugh:
    Can we stop taking the piss when the cod show??? :tease: :tease: :laugh: :laugh: