1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forum match north vs south

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by god ov all cod, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cod hunter harris

cod hunter harris Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

17 lads fished 15 north 2 south lol .... glenn won £133 quid for bigest fish plus heviest bag !!well done glenn :wink: :wink:

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Well done Glen, top fishing in probably the worst conditions imaginable for our area.
    Very well done to all that took part and respect to Carl for organizing the event.

3. congerball

congerball Blenny

we bumped into newby1 (I think) and captain codeye down at port mulgrave yesterday afternoon. We'd been there all day with only 1 small codling and a couple of coalies showing between us. One of the lads who were fishing the North v South match pulled in a nice codling. Drive back to Harrogate put us off joining you for a pint in the pub. Next time we'll make the effort to fish the match, sounded like a good turnout. Should have fished it yesterday but as we started fishing at 12noon (got to make the most of the day with it being a canny drive) we didn’t fancy walking all the way back up, driving to sandsend, entering the match then driving back again etc, see you next time. well done Glenn for winning it

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Congrats Glenn, nice couple of fish them

5. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Big well done to Glenn lovely brace of fish there mate, put my tiddler to shame least i've got my 1st of the season looking to the next match already ...

6. woody

woody New Member

well done glenn and well done carl for the organisation !!!

7. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Well done Glenn It proves the point that when conditions are tough the real knowledge shines through.
    £130 for your winter bait !!! I would of thought you would be starting a new business "Bait Bank" - all deposits welcomed :laugh:
    Heres to hoping that the the next one (monthish?) will have a lot more weigh in as the cod move in in numbers :yes:
    I think I can speak for all involved its good to fish a match with such a friendly atmosphere and a cheeky pint after for the craic.
    Cheers for doing the organising Carl now get in touch with septic meg and prebook some nice NW/N :wink:

8. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Glenn on a nice couple of fish your experience pays off again :cool:.

It was nice to see such a good turn out and to put names to faces and listening to the fisherman's tales after in the pub the knowledge some of you lads have about are local area is unbelievable :educated:.

By the way Wayne I didn't recognise you down port :embarrass: if I had i would have come and had a word with you. I was fishing of the jetie on my own whilst a few lads were fishing on the rocks in front.

We will all have to have name tags next time :laugh: :laugh: Thanks to Carl for arranging it all a job well done mate. I enjoyed yesterday :happy: and am looking forward to the next one. Tightlines all Chris

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Glenn that was a very respectable catch in those conditions. I understand there was colour in the water but those easterlies are tough.

10. robq

robq Rockling

nice one to Carl for organising the match :yes: Its a thankless task !!

Sorry I couldnt fish it but had to miss a club match too due to work :whatever:

Well done Glenn on a good bag on a tough day :cool:

11. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Well done Glenn, it looked perfect, but often isn't in an Easterly. Decided to leave early, had a busy day ahead coming back offshore. Will catch you next time i'm home. Thanks to Carl for organising it.
    Cheers Col.

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cheers Col,

Have to get out again when your home mate. All the best Glenn

13. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Will be home on the 26th hopefully. Raring to get a start in the 50 codling challenge. So save some for me mate.
    Cheers Col.

14. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks lads i was pleased with how many fished would like to of sin more from the south area but hopefully they will fish the next match next month cheers and well done to glen 2 nice fish m8

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

thanks for the kind comments. Was a stroke of luck really. I left my best bait in the car, along with all my leads, so was on the bum all day. Borrowed some crab off Dan, then pulled a fish out right next to the poor. Then moved a long way down past green spring and was fortunate to get another fish on the very last cast.

Thanks for organising the match though mate, we all enjoyed it. Dont think Rigsby has ever seen so many in the pub.

16. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

I knew I would chuckle away to myself when you said lets go see Rigsby for a pint Glenn
    With time to pass on the drive home I had all sorts of very un PC thoughts like going in next time with a posh english accent and a blackened face and start asking questions about Ms Jones :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I do worry about myself sometimes but my thoughts keep me smiling on the drives home - never a dull moment in my world :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: