1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Boat Fishing Match - Catch Reports And Pictures Sea Otter 2 And Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by harrythecod, Jun 18, 2013.

1. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Re: Whitby Fishing Forum Match - Mistress Pictures

Thanks for a cracking day Rich really enjoyed myself the weather was perfect with a flat calm sea and good crack with all the lads what more can you ask for ohh yes a few fish and you found them well done skipper :cool:.

Sorry for the delay getting back over to the fleece but my mate Ian (Dreymas) needed the little boys room and i think he must have fell asleep in there :vomit: :vomit: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tease: :tease: (Sorry Ian).

Thanks to both of you Paul / Rich for organising this again this year it is much apreciated :happy:.
    Tightlines Chris

2. Markj

Markj Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Forum match on Mistress

Great report Harry,i met you at cowbar during the ship in open last year. Sorry i never got to have a chat with you.

Cheers

Mark.

3. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Forum boat trip

Hello Mark,
    well done on your win mate.......it was a good day for it wasn't it.

Regards Ian

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Sea -otter 2 forum trip some belters for the lads

Thanks guys still bogged down with it this flu its a corker flat clam at sea and stuck onshore it just not fair.

paul.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A very well done mark those were two lovelly fish mate you said about being snagged and the fish freeing you mark it happens a lot mate lead snagged jigging your rod about trying to free it you must twiching you shad on the bottom but it think its all vibration of you jigging your line that attracts the fish the same with baiting i allways say if you get snagged jig your ling half a dozen times then drop it slack for a few second next thing a fish on .
    I allways remember in summer festival a few years ago one lad had 3 double figure cod by doing just that snagged jigged his as if to try and free his tackle then drop his line slack then bang the fish just takes off they were all around 13-15lb mark he couldnt belive it its allways worth doing its something i found out quite a few years ago that it works many times when your lead is jammed in wreck .

paul.

6. Markj

Hi Ian, Yeah it was a great day mate cheers.Thanks for that advice paul,you kept telling everyone to get bait on once that tide had slackened and as soon as i changed over,wallop.Can't beat experience.

Cheers

Mark.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done Mark you did very well getting two winning fish ,
    it was hard work at times,

i thought i recognised you when you went to pick up your winnings,just couldnt put my finger on it ,
    will prob fish the ship open again this year , it,s the most open comp on the shore fishing winter scene for me ,

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Hi Mark- I was directly behind you at the front of the boat...getting an equal amount of snags it seems!

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Congratulations Mark, that is a cracking pair of fish, well done.

10. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Sea -otter 2 forum trip some belters for the lads

Quality days fishing paul, well done to mark a nice brace of cod there. I fished bait 95% of the day and had between 15 and 18 fish[mostly cod] so plenty nice fillets for home.

11. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mark 2 nice cod there. I must have lost a dozen sets of tackle myself but thats where the fish live as we know. Really enjoyed the day cheers lads.

12. jethro

jethro New Member

Thanks for a great day Paul and for finding us some fish. Hope you get over the flu soon mate and start to feel better. To all the guys who took part. Well done and thanks for a great day, and to Mark well done mate.

Jethro :cheesy:

13. Markj

Hi Harry, think im at the mother in laws again just after boxing day so i'll be fishing the ship open again this year,hope to see you there.

Nice to of met you Bucko ,stevie and jethro, same time next year !!! cheers Foo,we all had a great day with loads of fish.

mark.

14. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

it was a great day out as always well done to Rich for finding us the fish and I cant wait for my next trip over :)

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I am glad everybody enjoyed there day the weather was fabulas to say the least a propper summers day and some quality fish caught my tummy could have better but at last thing feel a bit better nasty bug .

paul.

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Interesting to look back at this topic, especially as Paul has recently been accused of lieing about the number of fish getting caught on his boat. As all the lads on the boats on this day were forum members can you confirm the claims that Sea Otter 2 had 80 - 90 fish for the day with several doubles. Or did you all make it up ?

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Still some belting fishing here at whitby its not all doom and gloom.

paul.

18. jethro

jethro New Member

I will confirm it Glenn. We had a cracking day with a lot of fish caught (well over 80!!) and to say Killer was unwell we did brilliant Imagine if he had been 100%.
    The fishing is still very very good at times here in Whitby, Killer isnt lying to anyone.

19. Markj

What a load of bollocks . Pictures speak a thousand words don't they !!!

I have been out with various skippers throughout the uk and I can say hand on heart that Paul Kilpatrick of sea otter 2 is the most genuine, hard working, honest , down to earth , skipper that I've sailed with and if my mate Terry was with us he would second that, he would slso say that given the chance Paul will out fish you just to prove to you that the fish are there.

This is how keen and genuine the bloke is. I rang Paul up in jan 2011 16th to be precise. Paul said yeah come along" I was just going out on my own" the conditions are great and I have no party . We had a great day middle of jan 9 mile off in t shirts and Paul out fished us 5-1 and we bagged up.

His enthusiasm is unbelievable his fish finding expertise is second to none . I would recommend anybody to have a day out with paul , I only wish I could get out more often. The guys a legend in his own right.

Cheers

Mark.

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks for that guys. Much appreciated.