1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Bass Match Series 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 20, 2011.

1. robq

robq Rockling

Well done Luke, Iain and Andy :happy:

Thats a hell of a fish Luke !!

Totally agree with you Iain :yes: there were loads of younger lads fishing and learning when I was in the 80s but these days hardly any :whatever: Good to see someone giving them a helping hand :yes:

Rob

2. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done "luke the destroyer" great fish,you'll dine out on that for a few years.
    don't worry about the stick Iain ,theres no secrets in fishing, :whistle:......

3. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Ian, I remember the time when i made the long journey north to rub sholders with some of Scarboroughs finest fishermen (allegedly) Ramrod, Glassback and your good self.

I was very excited but my Joy was short lived...I bet the look on my face was priceless, after you evicted me from my pop up tent then played the squaters rights card, Ramrod raped and pillaged my packed lunch then stole some of my finest hand made rigs. The second day I was sent down the cliff face first to see if it was safe after heavy rain, got stuck in the mud and left for dead ! two days of hell and not a fish caught.

Whilst i was being ravaged Glassback stood on guard like a meerkat just grinning.

I to have been looking on the internet but to seek legal advice. As you can see the experience has left scars and an influence, like never going fishing again. One thing i did learn was some of the finest excuses known to man on how and why we never caught a fish !

Luke be warned next time it could be you !

4. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

well done luke class fish that bud

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Luke, thats a top fish mate.

6. newdave

newdave Guest

WOW well done mate, nearly didn't open this thread because I thought it was about a future match :embarrass:

Anyway superb fish & well done to the Moleman for putting another spawney beginner onto a big fish, I presume the guy who moaned about the passing on of knowledge is completly self taught :wink:

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Cracking fish luke , well done mate ..... :yes:
    dont know about little cod , more like bigbass. :yes:

8. littlecod

littlecod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

now then fellow danglers.
    wot can i say. best fish ever, had a bigger pollack but this was a completaly different experience.
    especially after a session like this. arriving at the mark ian had a bone to pick with another angler as he explained, but that doesnt matter the fishing was mint.
    first off i had the pleasure of watching a master at work caning bass to 4 pound, one of wich could have messsed the session up as ian checked how sharp his plugs trebles wer with the palm of his hand.he hooked into 2 good fish, one slipped the hook and the other has its own angling tale.
    after running to ian when i heard him screaming for me i was in front of a huge bass wallowin on the surface, ian couldnt get close to the shore due to the need of a long leap across to the shore so i was on landing duty. now this fish had a head like duckys pies. at least 7 pund maybe over 8. i made a school boy error even after ian shouted not to grab the line. as i was deciding how to handle this fish ashore panick struck when the fish made a bid for freedom and instinct or pure stupidity led me to grab the leader, which after a battle with the fish was well frayed and the most horrible sight of a huge bass swimming away with ians zonk in its mouth was seen by my mince pies.
    i felt like sh*te. ian was pi!!ed off and the winning fish was gone.just like that.
    five or ten minutes later and i got chucked back out.first cast a massive bass followed my pins minnow rite to my feet and turned. it only took two minutes and again it followed to my feet, this time found the treblesand it was a blur of pull the fish in and it turns around and swims away until i had it close enough to beach against the scar and it was mine.
    i screemed some rubbish at the top of my voice just as ian arrived to me on my knees with my beast.
    although everyones congradulating me it was ian that took me.he showed me wer to fish and wot was goin through his head i dont know i lost his bass and landed mine
    SORRY IAN i owe ya m8. what was it pints for the rest of ur life.
    this bloke is a bassmachine all i did was put my plug in the rite place at the rite time. he knows wer they live.
    well done whitby boys for making the effort to hayburn wyke without fish. thats keen anglers for ya. and nice to meet you ian alexander. tried talking to ya but you wer too busy gorping at those women. in fact think we all were.
    cheers moley for a sesh of a life time. gonna after pull me finger out ta beet that one.
    little cod
    (luke)

9. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I had words with quint in the morning about taking Luke were we were like quint said to me he will take who he likes down there that's fine it works both ways when I was taken to the Mark I was told not to fish it if there a match on and not to take a sole down there I only took Richard from Dorset because he's no threat he lives 300 miles away it's ok
    There was 3 lads down there last night then we went out today and there was 2 down there today when we got there so the Mark is known everbody will know were it is Now I will be looking for another one and the one I find I will tell 1 person and that's it

10. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I seen what happens to Mark when alot of people find out it gets mobbed out

11. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done luke cracking fish looks like you got moaning people now cos you where took somewhere.. iv.e also took you to spots and showed you how to catch there. does not mean it will be mobbed.. the angler makes the spot fish not the spot for the angler :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :laugh: :laugh:

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Luke if the bass had a head as big as my pies, it would have 20lb+ :laugh:

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Thats a hell of a fish well done.

14. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nicely done mate, I was away with our lass or I'd have made one in my self. A beauty that fish, gotta feel bad for Iain though I bet he was fuming. I've had little pricks lose me fish before with poor landing techniques as well :gum: :laugh:

15. littlecod

oh cheers kev.
    top tipfor ya. dont use ur willy to land fish if little pricks are the problem.

16. bucko

bucko New Member

All class fish but the biggie really is a special one!
    Very well done to all involved (and fishing) in the comp.

17. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Is that the same lesson you leaned the other night then?! :laugh:

Seriously though that's some fish, well done mate

18. brigaz

brigaz Blenny

had 2 under the lighthouse on monday.one 5lb plus and one 2lb both on crab also missed some stonking bites.

19. littlecod

cheers kev.
    when u comin up for a chuck. cant go there il get bu**ed but we can av a potter about wer we went last time.

20. newdave

newdave Guest

just another well done luke, not met you yet but we have in common that quint has guided us to catching amazing fish, hes a great guy & is unique in getting pleasure from seeing his protegeys exsperience amazing moments. true angler get as much pleasure from seeing there mates catch fish as themselves. Quint we love you and cant wait to see you with a double.
    [​IMG]