1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Bass Match Series 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jul 20, 2011.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

yes Ian that's the one, just take the Ravenscar road at Cloughton, it's a right turn about a mile and half along that road

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Looking forward to meeting your tenner Ian :crazy: you can turn left at "the flask" if you fish north of Whitby. Will be good to see you again.

3. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks Iain, see you tomorrow.

Should I just post you my tenner Ray, it'll save me a load of bother dragging me stumpy little legs up and down those rocks.....not to mention an hour and a half drive :laugh:

Regards Ian

4. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Good luck to everybody fishing the match

5. quint

Result of match

1st Littlecod 8lb.1oz £100
    2nd Quint 4lb 2oz £30
    3rd Glassback 3lb 8oz £20

15 fished

Thanks to everyone that took part, next match in about 2 weeks time, Northern Monkeys 1 Southern Softies 1

6. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads,

8lb 1oz.. thats one hell of a fish !!

Me and my brother tried Kettleness tonight, thought I might be able to winkle another decent fish out but no joy whatsoever, sea was flat as a fart not a single wave all night, just didnt seem fishy at all :(

Again well done to all who caught, was it just the three of you who weighed in Iain or is that just the three best fish??

Ben

7. quint

Yes just three weighed in, think it was a bit hard going up north with the flat seas

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Is Luke going to get a bird with his money? :laugh: hope he got u all a beer. Tight lines.

Well done Luke. Hope u dont waste It all on adult magazines,

9. mike33

mike33 New Member

Yes just three weighed in, think it was a bit hard going up north with the flat seas
    [/quote]

Definatley hard going it was a struggle just finding some were with a bit of movement, it was flat as a fart up north!!!..............anyways a
    big well done to littlecod on a fine fish and to all who weighed in, photos below of the winners and that 8lbder what a corker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Bowl head showing the old boys how its done. Well done mate.

11. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Lads,
    I got home safe and sound but knackered, just a quick post then I'm off to bed. A big well done to Luke for his smashing fish and also to Iain and Glassback......thanks Iain for the match I realy enjoyed it.
    Also Thanks to Dan, Mike and Damo, better lads you couldn't meet......thanks for looking after me tonight I had a great night, shame about the fish but still a good night.

Here's a couple more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again lads,
    Regards Ian

12. robin hood

robin hood New Member

Well done luke where did you go mate ?????????? :suspious: :suspious: :suspious: :suspious:

13. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Well done Luke I new you had won when I seen it

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Luke. You,ve given me new hope, I thought you had to be a baldy to catch bass. Couldn,t buy a take last night. Not too far away from you but far enough

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cracking fish Luke, well done matey!

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done to all who fished and a big well done to Luke on a cracking bass... :cool: :cool:

17. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Lovely fish Luke,congratulations on winning.I think that fish will take some beating from around here off the shore for a while (though I wouldn't mind be proved wrong :wink: ) .

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one luke, well done mate

it just shows how different marks fish under those conditions. we couldnt buy a take but a few miles further south you lads couldnt go wrong.

well done again everyone

19. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done you 3..........Thats a belting fish Luke :yes: :yes:

20. quint

It was very nearly beaten last night, I'll let Luke tell the tale

I was "told off" for taking a young lad fishing to one of the most productive marks I know, and it peeved me off, but the joy I got seeing his face when he landed it was priceless, and in my opinion makes fishing that extra special, the young lads are the next generation and should be encouraged, times are changing, when we are ravaged by old age it will be nice to look on the net and see how they are doing, knowing that in a small way you had an influence on their fishing