1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forget the Mull, Yorkshires the place for Pollock - Yorkshire Pollack Fishing

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by newdave, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

W ith the pin method Dave you can make them with the 90 degree bend in or just leave the pin straight it sits in the bottom of the gape and
    works well also

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Awesome report guys...................

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

5. lochbois

lochbois Guest

what does "bump" mean???

i know their is plenty in my streets.

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

It brings a popular thread back up to date Lochbois.

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

That was a good days Pollock fishing for you Dave, I think out of everything it's the Pollock fishing I'm looking forward to the most this summer :yes:

8. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The title of the post was of course made with tongue in cheek ?

9. Baramundi Bob

We had 150 between 5 of us last Sunday Alan. All in 2.5 hours of fishing with biggest going 10lb. Yorkshire aint so bad but getting them out off the shore is the problem. They are certainly hookable off the shore but actually getting them out may be near impossible unless you go to very heavy gear which of course removes all the fun.

Read our story here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Top class fishing there Glenn , I was of course refering to shore fishing for Pollack , the problem we have of course is the lack of venues where top class
    Pollack fishing is possible , there are of course some , but places where you have a good depth of water regardless of stage of tide , heavy ground , a protrusion
    catching the tide arent to common ------ When we fish the MOG if we get less than a double figure bag of Pollack per rod we would come away feeling a tad
    dissapointed , at times im sure we expect to much

11. newdave

newdave Guest

It really wasn't a wind up Cliff, I have fished the Mull & yes there is plenty of Pollock, but I dont think the the big lads are not so common now, I can see where your coming from shore wise but from a kayak we have much better prospects for catching big pollock than the Mull. But Pollock are terrotorial fish.

Edited by Glenn. Catch and Release nonsense removed.

12. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dave, I have removed your comments about returning fish. It has been a rule from day one on this forum that the site should in no way be used to make people feel guilty about keeping fish. As a long term member of this site you should be fully aware of this.

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

My comments were purely about shore fishing , I have never targeted them from a boat up the MOG , one catch we had from the shore was 148 Pollack in one
    session between 3 of us , best going 9lb 12 0z , 8lb 40z and many between 5 and 7lb lets face it fishing dosent get better than that , it wouldnt happen round here , im sad to say

14. Baramundi Bob

Your right Alan, but if we had deep marks accessible from the shore, It could. What Ive seen in the kayak has me convinced there is a huge population of pollack very close in on the east coast. However the terrain here, with shallow scars, means they are impossible to get at from the shore.

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Fantastic stuff you lads must have had some terrific fun great to see just what we have here .

paul.

16. Baramundi Bob

Pollack fishing on Spinning rods and braid is the best fishing I have ever had. Knocks spots off everything else I have done.

17. cps

cps Rockling

ill second that glen , float set at 10 ft in 40 ft of water and a 6 lber will still get to the bottom

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Excellent fishing and brings home the truth of the magnificent fishing we have on our doorstep, very well done all of you, superb stuff.

19. Baramundi Bob