1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOR SALE ~ Apollo mk1 butt section....

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by dbrown, Mar 27, 2008.

1. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Went out morn today set of down roll-up as i though it would be orite down there. Got a 1/4 of the way down i heard a scaping on the cliff thought it doesn't matter just rod against cliff. Next minute i notice 2 inch of the f**king top is missing on the sh!t thing. :laugh:

[​IMG]

Anybody intrested in the butt :laugh:

Danny.

2. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

not good that,bet your gutted :hurt: :surprise: :embarrass:

3. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Slightly :nerd:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

How Much Dan ?

5. dbrown

dbrown Guest

How much do the butts normally go for?

Dan

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I know it's a long shot Dan but why don't you contact Greys and explain what has happened and see if they have a solution to the problem.

7. robq

robq Rockling

Unlucky Dan :sad: :sad:

I know its probably a bit late for you now but whenever I have my rod on my back/rucksack when doing cliffs, I always make sure that the tip does not protrude further than the butt section, even if that means bottom of the tip section sticks out of the bottom further than the butt section, If that makes sense :whatever: :whatever: and I usually add a few wraps of gaffer tape top and bottom too :yes: :yes:

I know your probably gutted mate but why dont you cut the tip with a hacksaw level with the 1st intermdiate and fit a new tip ring there ?? the apollo has a fairly sensitive tip and although you will have lost some of that it would still be ok to fish with and would definitely be ok for the clifftops.

Rob

8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I don't no i think ill just sell the butt section and save for a new rod.

Thanks Dan.

9. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Is £50.00 about right?

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sounds a good price. Dont know if mike fish is after a butt section

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Get one of them travel rods Dan, don't they start in 6 sections :laugh:

12. dbrown

dbrown Guest

any money is good best start saving again .

Dan

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha Iain i think ill pass on the travel, Best get saving for reelsport.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ring spotty **g Dan think they might have a snapaflex Anubis with an industrial strength tip section custom model.....it doubles up as a pole vaulting pole for quick traverse over the rocks !! :wink: :wink: used....one careful owner !

15. mww

mww Rockling

Dan

To be honest, I'd probably go with what Rob's said, cut it back to the next ring & fit a top ring (or just take the ring off & fit the tip ring there). I'd be surprised if you could tell the difference.

Mart

16. Maxie

Maxie New Member

i would put another tip ring on as well the tip ring on my nemesis is nearly touching the next ring :happy:and i snapped a bass rod down to the second ring and refitted a tip ring and its virtually unnoticeable except a little bit of bite detection.

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

SOLD!