1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale, 525 MAG Coated in Ramrod's Crystals.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Mar 8, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Having recently purchased 2 immaculate condition 525 Mags from Raymondo,i decided to keep one for myself and the other one went to my 13 year old nephew who has fished our winter league with me this year.I took him down Jacksons Bay in last mondays club match,lost his line off his penultimate cast with an old 7000c,told him to put his new 525 on and proceeds to pull out a 2lb er with his first cast with it!!Then last Sunday we held our last club match fishing in daylight,and first cast with the 525 pulls out a 3lb er,walks past me up the scar with a cocky little grin on his face and goes off to rebait.30 seconds later i strike into a 4lb er and go wave it in his face and give him some "friendly barracking" and rebait,5 minutes later the little git is winching in another 3 lb er .He manages to blank next cast,but the very next cast pulls out a codling giving him 3 fish for 7lb 4 he wins the match and is well chuffed.Bearing in mind the history this reel has(the great Raymondo) and the fact is has 4 fish in 5 casts on it,makes me wonder if Ray mistakenly left it coated in crystals,given all this,i reckon the reel must be worth £500 of anyones money ;) ;) white rag and fresh green poppers happily taken in part exchange. ;D ;D

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Great news that Martin, he,ll be one to watch in the future and hopefully in a few years time the post baking crystal residue might have worn off just as he starts entering the seniors ;D I reckon you,ll need a crowbar to get it out of his hands now ;D