1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foords result in brief

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Jun 17, 2007.

1. chopper

chopper New Member

cheers for today Ray,much appreciated.

2. chopper

chopper New Member

long hole is attracting quite a bit of interest. think i might give it some stick aswell,just to see if i can reach those tide fish.even if i can reach them i dont intend to go back there ever again....lol.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Paul Westmooreland told me he had 80 pound there one day. Dont think Ive had that much in 10 years.

4. cps

cps Rockling

i think his estmation of fish size can be a bit out at times :)

5. MFC

MFC Blenny

paul west was on brigg end giving us all a casting lesson !! i wonder if their are any rules regarding fishing outside the 3mile limet ,thats casting from the shore :).what agreat guy and a good story about his fishing rod

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Didnt paul west fish with gary pye ?......

7. Baramundi Bob

Apparently not - but I think he must have told him where to fish. Clever move in a big fish competition to send him some placed renowned for fish bang on the size limit. :D :D

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

If i rember rightly glen , they were behiond me all the way to whitby , and seen them both together in rods n reels , and both together in the foords,,, strange cfant see that paul driving all the way uptyo robin hoods the n back to filey to weigh in ,,,or the other way round
    mmmmmm

9. Baramundi Bob

Maybe they didn't fish where they said they did ? Not many anglers will let on where they have fished in these matches. Its usually top secret stuff. ;)

10. Baramundi Bob

Hasn't he just got the strangest cast you ever saw. Rod never seems to come above shoulder height. Lightening fast action though.

11. Baramundi Bob

What's this story about Dennis Thompson having a 7 pounder and missing the weigh in ?

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

all it is , MFC said paul was on the brigg end , yet fish pyes ,,oops sorry pyes fish were caught at robin hoods , Wats goin on , confused now , ;D

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Not sure about that like glen maybe mr ramrod may be able to shed abit of light on that

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Wessey told me he was at the Brigg and someone told me Gary Pye was at long hole which is very likely.

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

thats what i heard ,,, yet they were in the same car in whitby at 7,45 in the morning , anyway , doesnt really matter , they never won ;D....
    the heaviest fish anyway...

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes Dav but Wessey was fishing with Smokey on the Brigg so I assume Gary drove back to Long Hole.

17. MFC

MFC Blenny

dont want to confuse you all but gary could have been on gulley wash [ brigg] . forgot to tell you about wesseys 2 nice fish together on a pennel rig,he thought it was the smokey he was looking for,how disapointing to see 2 3 pounders come up at your feet :-*

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Dav "the pollock nailer" was there so he would have seen him.

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

hahah , i like it rammo.....no he wasnt there , i was there with two locals at first then a lad from hornsea , they buggered off in patient , and i was shortly joined by a 70 yr old local who was telling me some good stories of 27lbers and 33 `s back in the 70`s and who knew the fish would be due on the mark , but unfortuanlty they didnt show up....

20. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

rite lads, let's get this sorted once and for all....the difinitive guide of anglers on Brigg on Sunday. Brigg end , wessy, lobbers and 2 mates, JH, MFC; gully wash- mick wright, dav, WEC, Tony dodds. big hole corner - george smith n son ;)hope you was taking notes dav ,the old git was mr brigg himself frankie colling,sounds like he's telling fibs about his age again (he's 71),he's slowing down abit thou ,he only goes on brigg twice aday now ;D