1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foords result in brief

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,ll just give you the results briefly and roughly.
    S Coverdale won the match with a Cod around 5lb 5oz. 2nd A Crowe, cod 4lb 4. 3rd M Smith (chopper) 4lb 2oz. 4th Dav (Dav) ;D with a fine pollock of 4lb Well done to forum members Dav and Mark. Over 70 fished which is a good turn out for the Foords match. Plenty of fish were weighed in but most were small cod. 10th place was just over 3lb. I,m hoping one of the Filey lads will put the full results up later but that is the general jist of it. Yours truly had a 3lb Bass and a 2lb cod, Ill post a pic of the Bass for the "HALL OF FAME" :mad:

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

;D ;D ;D.....Thankyou raymond....... ;D,,,, cheers forn the guidance by the way ...respect mara.....

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done to the 2 forum members on 3rd and 4th there. Nice to see Disco at the top of the tree as well. Did anyone have a lot of fish ? What was heaviest bag ?

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Gary Pye from Peterlee had heaviest bag from long **** Lobbers had a fish or two. Chris scaife had quite a few fish but nothing of any size unfortunately. Andy Barmby had 4 fish for over 10lb.

5. Baramundi Bob

mmm

The forum doesn't like the word **** does it. Shows you what difference the abilty to cast makes at these marks. Big cod fished long **** yesterday without a bite.

The lad pye must be a mate of Paul Westmooreland ?

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

No probs Dav nice to see you got a fish. I bet you were chuffed :) You,ll soon be a top matchman at this rate, you wre almost in the penn points 8)

7. cps

cps Rockling

i had 6 for 13lb and a couple of under size, think i could have sneeked the bag prize but after 4 mops in the first 5 chucks i moved to try [ unsucsesfully] to find a smoker, ater 3 hours and only one more for the bag i moved back where i started for the last half hour or so and baged a couple more tiddlers :'(

8. Baramundi Bob

Allways best to go for the big fish Chris.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yes glen he is p .w. `s mate i think,, he was there with him....is long h ole a big casting mark like ?,,,,,couldnt it just be that the fish werent there yesterday glen ?

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

[​IMG]
    3lb and half an oz ::)

11. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dav,

Ive seen westmooreland hammer the fish there and 20 other anglers not get a look in. CPS can get them out of there too. Sometimes the fish are in close but if they are at distance then nothing else will do.

12. Baramundi Bob

Thats a beuty Ray. You've stormed 3rd place now in the hall of fame. You should have got a cod pic too as there are no entrants other than tim at present.

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

posted a piccy of the pollock, i managed four codling for 8lb, should have had another 3 or four aswell, my mates youngun came 8th with a 3.5 lb'er, hw was well chuffed :-\

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Long hole eh , its a place i,l have to do abit of research on i think ,, do you park in the pay n display glen at the top of the bank and walk down ? its not a place im familiar with ......good pic ray ,,, and were the bloody hell do you live buckinham palace ;D ;D... is that garden were you practice ure over head thumps ;D

15. Baramundi Bob

Well done lobbers.

Sounds like all you lads had a good day.

16. baza

baza New Member

nice bass ray. well done to all forum members who took part.ive watched g.pye catch smoothound in scotland when no one else could get near them his casting was absolutley amazing. if i atempted tp hit them as hard as he does id get an ospreys nest

17. cps

cps Rockling

that bass looks quite big or is it that rays quite small ;D

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Thats not my worry Chris, it,s the fact that I,m starting to look like my dad :p
    Cheers baza :)

19. Baramundi Bob

LOL

that bass looks about 15 pound

20. Baramundi Bob

sorry Dav,

forgot to reply mate. Yep just park up in the car park and go for a walk. To be honest its not a venue I like - its never done me any favours and I try stay clear these days. probably because it is by and large a long casting spot allthough for those fishing the Yorkshire 4's matches (Myself included) a short cast has at times paid dividends ;D ;D ;D ;D.