1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. basha

basha Blenny

i ventured out fishing last night,not a grt deal to show for it apart from the odd whitie which to be fair was a hard slog just to get thoughs.
    the sea was building and there was a serious good swell on.
    anyways on way back thought i would call down the gare for a quick sneak.knowing it was going to be to big to fish apart from the river side but it wasnt worth risking my life for with the sea breaking against the wall as it was,i just stood watching it for a while when i seen a headlight heading towards me.got talking to a lad who i didnt know.he asked was i giving it a go,i replied no you would be mad to even venture on there,this being two hours before the flood tide.said to me behave yourself ive fished it 3 times worse than this and he headed off round to the river side getting a soaking as he went,but he carried on anyways.i stood there for another 15 mins or so watching the sea build and rise thinking jesus lad on his own he wouldnt stand a cat in hells chance of getting back if he decided too unless he waited for tide to drop.within 10 mins seen a headlamp heading back,obviousely relised what he had let himself in for.he didnt get 4 ft from the end when the swell came over the end taking his feet from under him.he did managed to get up mind.loaded with two rods a rod stand and a box on his back he was exactely set up to run a marathon.nxt thing another wave this time taking him and his gear within 2ft of the edge.anyways i stuck my gear down ran if you can say run towards him lol,im not best runner in the world these days a managed to help him up.i grabbed his box for him and told him to leg it and get the fook off there.i really did lose it last night i was so pissed off that an angler could be so much ov an arsehole.i risked my arse and it could have so easily been a double tradgedy but wasnt going to leave him there struggling and would only have felt the guilt should anything serious happend.i never got a thankyou or sod all,casually just walked off drenched to the skin [​IMG]it could have been a case of another body found through there own stupidity and selfishness.there would have been no one there to make a call if i hadnt stayed for that xtra 15 mins to see him walking back.that second wave if followed up by another strait after when he was 4 ft from the edge would have been the finish of him for sure.all i can say if he reads this,think yourself you still alive,grow a brain and be thankfull there was a helping hand you selfish arsehole.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Plenty of dicks about Mark, think your tale just about sums up some of the know it all numpties that think theyre better than the sea, no prisoners off that end and theres been a few taken and never come back

One very lucky sod is he, a quick word of thanks would have been nice but I bet anything you like he was as embarrassed as hell even if he didnt admit to it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Good on you mate well done.
    One day last year a couple of lads were on there fishing,way too big a sea to be on there.I was stood at the railings just watching thinking bloody idiots next thing wave breaks over the top flooding the deck,both knocked over rods and boxes/buckets gone how they hung on I don’t know.Both got up and ran with the next big United chasing them.Back up the steps sodden and cursing they lost their stuff,told them they were lucky they didn’t lose their lives and that I had 999 ready to dial on my phone because I thought they were going in they just squelched off muttering Cupid stunt !
    Can’t teach stupid!

4. joemc

joemc Blenny

Another one for a Darwin Award.

Well done on helping him out!

5. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Hopefully he just walked off out of embarrasment or in a bit of shock, but well done for helping the idjit dont know if I'd of put meself at risk to rescue a clown.

6. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

well done for staying and saving his life, bet he realised that later on, well if he had a brain he would

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Mark, good job you hung around

8. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the sea is unforgiving a life is not worth a fish
    well done for helping the lad but as you say could of been a double tragedy

9. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Fished the tangles Friday night,flat sea and a lovely night plenty of rattles only caught 2 rockling and tiddler just under poundand a half.
    Must try harder:(