1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

float fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by oddjob, May 31, 2009.

1. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

evening all..... please can anyone help, id like to give float fishing a go off some local rock marks and just wondered if you could give any pointers on what floats, weights and rigs to use as ive never used a float in the sea before.

thanks
    steve

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I would love to have a go doing it with really light gear, freshwater wagglers etc but the reality of it is with the chop, wind and tide we have pike cigar floats are probably the best option, the inline ones were the line runs through the centre. Set one of these up with a small barrel lead to cock it. In deeper water use a stop knot made from power gum. Most baits should work but I'm really keen to have a go live baiting launce and sandeels...

I had a go last week and looking forward to getting out there and doing it again, carnt beat sat watching a float :cheesy:

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

just rig yourself up with a mackerel float , some lead bullets, as regards what type of fish to target , try peeler / worm for cod , bass same plus sandeels etc , theres loads of scope out there for trying ball sorts of things and baita