1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flask for hot drinks

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi all anyone recommend a good flask for keeping drinks hot for cold winter nights. Fed up of Luke warm coffee

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve just thrown away a Thermos steel flask that I ve used for the last four seasons...it had been dropped bumped and abused....it kept hot drinks hot for over a day and half........just fill with boiling water first to pre-heat. I ve replaced my old pal with an identical model. Highly recommend them.
    one of these Tesco direct: Thermos Stainless King Flask 1.2L

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pony

Pony Yorkshire karma. It s called come uppence

Stanley do a good one. Came 2nd on The Great Outdoors magazine test. I've had one for a few years and it's a good performer.

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thanks lads. Gone for jellyworms.

5. basha

basha Blenny

still using my trusty metal asda flask of ten yrs.
    i put coffee mate in mine still burn your mouth off after 7 hours.
    just a standard thermos but does the trick.use exactely the same for my bait aswell nice wide kneck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Your coffee must taste like shit!:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes stainless steel for me, battered, dented and hardly recognisable from its original form !
    what is important is as jellywrm suggests, half fill with boiling water for 5 min, pour away then refill with the brew.

i find a couple of tea bags stews well after a couple of hours lol
    on the hardest winter nights last january i used mine to dip me fingers in - brought them back but me tea tasted funny after handling cart.

when i get home and chuck the flask next to sink, our lass creates a 1m no go zone for some reason.

8. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got to agree with jellyworm ,the thermos flasks might be expensive but they are the bees knees keeping stuff hot for ages ,even when i empty my flask the next day after a trip out it is still hot ,tried other makes but just pay the extra now for proper thermos as nothing comes close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Pmsl big paul

10. basha

basha Blenny

wicked my coffee paul lol.
    5 spoons of coffee/10 of mate and your well in.......flask does look square instead of round,been in the brink a few times.
    but why change summit when it works.

11. Steve

Steve Rockling

still using a stainless steel flask i bought when i was 19. im 45 now. still keeps hot

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

stainless every time morrison tesco whichever cheapest

13. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Made me chuckle that. I was imagining half a squid dropping out into your coffee cup.

• Like Like x 1