1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flambro SIB fishing with pics

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Jul 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. robq

robq Rockling

After a weekend of 12 hour shifts I was ready for a lie in but Jellyworm twisted my arm into another early start to have a go at the bass :yes: I didnt need much persuading :cheesy:

Dave was all ready to go by the time I arrived at 6 am !!

I was inflated and ready to by half past and met up with Reborn kayak hero after shooting a couple of folding pots :happy:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately for some reason the bass just wernt larking out for some reason ?? so I headed off to smethic for a few launce

[​IMG]

I got to around half a dozen and set off to the head end for top of tide for some livebait float fishing for the bass, but again they just were not having it :sad:

Not wanting to waste good bait i thought a bash at a few small inshore wrecks would be worth a shot, so a live launce dropped down on a 4 ft trace soon saw a few pollack and cod to around 4lb ish :yes:

Also managed a few mackies to hokkais and a pirk :happy:

Its the 1st time i have tried this method and I was surprised how gentle the bites were !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cod and pollack were all returned as i couldnt be arsed filleting :cheesy:

once the ebb kicked in it was unfishable and I had to be back for the skool run :sad:

[​IMG]

A few crabs in the pots made the day worthwhile :yes: the mackerel were smoked in my home made smoker this afternoon, so its crab and smoked mackerel sald for tea tomorrow :hungry:

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Nice one Rob , have you ever tried live blennies / butterfish I think the results could be interesting . GJW is hoping to be launching the new SIB
    for the first time soon

3. robq

robq Rockling

No not tried them Alan, although I think i will when the bass season kicks in properly :yes:

easy enough to rake out of the rock pools with a kiddies net :yes:

I think Gary will enjoy the Sib fishing :yes: all the advantages and comforts of a small boat, but with some of the advantages costwise and stealth of the kayak :yes:

today I did 13 miles and used 3.5 lites of petrol !!

4. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i would be interested in the results in 40 yrs of bassin i have never had 1 on blennies or butterfish down wales maybe im missing out on something ,cheers

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Rob, looks like a good session there. I wish you wouldn't put these reports up though, as you are edging me more towards a sib. :wink: :happy:

6. robq

robq Rockling

only got 1 life davo !! live it while you are able :yes:

our lass keeps harping on about money for our retirement !! I might be dead or useless by then :laugh: :laugh:

7. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

No point in being richest man in the bone yard :cheesy:

8. andym

andym Rockling

Fantastic report and pics

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Them bass at Flamborough take some working out. Your just never sure when they are gonna feed. Its a bit of pot luck im afraid. Still at least you never blanked.

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Lovely day today, shame I could only manage a few hours.

Glenn you're right about those bass , but the water was considerably greener and the sun brighter than the other day when I had some.
    I spent half an hour chatting to one of the salmon netters who was pulling his net just sth of cattlemere, he had no bass of any size in it and only had 9 sea trout to show....nice chap to have a natter with. :cool:

Oh and a potter handed me some gear he'd hauled with his pots, some jiggers, leads and a few bits......funniest thing was whoever lost the pirk had been fishing it with the little plastic tubes still on the hook points ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sound slike me, but I aint been to flamborough yet this year

12. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Sure we've all done it a few times. Or in my case every time :gum: :laugh:

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Fantastic report Lads. Looks like a fine day to be out on the water... :yes:

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Rob, nice session there bud.