1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flamborough No Fishing Zone - Meeting

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Letter from Leanne Stockdale

2. carling

carling New Member

Re: Flamborough No Take Zone Meeting

is this an open meeting

3. Baramundi Bob

I beleive so

4. carling

carling New Member

is anyone going from the site :yes:

5. Baramundi Bob

Hoping to. If I can get someone to look after the kids.

6. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Guest

all anglers are welcome to the meeting especially those who fish bempton and flamborough

7. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Yes it is an open meeting and if you fish the area it is in your interest to go as it hopes to clear up any misunderstandings from the last meeting unfortunately I cannot make the meeting

Gwyn

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I think all us kayakers and everyone who fishes the cliffs, beaches around Bempton and Flamboro should try to attend. I'll go, anyone else want to join me?

9. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I would Ken but working :sad:

10. stuartmac

stuartmac New Member

Well said carpyken. When this was muted and we got the minutes sorted out there were a lot of posts asking when the next meeting was going to be well now you know. If you don't show up and have your say don't moan afterwards. At least at this meeting we have a chance to formulate what happens. Wait for the Marine Bill you may not get the same chance.

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i think she's avin a laugh ,avin it at low water day before an open match ,can any one be that devious?. :surprise: or am i just getting a grumpy cynical old git :yes: :yes:

12. Baramundi Bob

They arent that clever mat. Thing is Bill, by and large these people just dont understand fishing. A lot of the fishing/conservation meetings last year were organised on a wednesday night - club night. Then people would give me a hard time for not going to the meetings.

13. Optomist

Optomist New Member

It is vitally important that anglers are well represented on this issue and also make Natural England aware that they have picked a very inconvienient time for most anglers to attend and that future meetings should be more attuned to their audience.
    Should be raised and minuted.
    Again I can't be there due to work commitment, although it doesn't help being landlocked in Nottinghamshire and not knowing much about local detail. I wish you all well and would encourage all those who can attend, to do so.
    Cheers Optomist

14. Baramundi Bob

Is the Rugby club easy to find, and does anyone from Whitby want a lift ?

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

found the postcode for the place

YO16 7LN

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Is anyone else going? Come on guys, this is important.

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

bump :wink:

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sorry i m working too.

19. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Glenn do you know where brid football stadium is??? it like in the same car park...

Dan

20. Baramundi Bob

I attended the meeting today. Turn out wasn't bad. The minutes should make for interesting reading. A few things I noted were

1. No take not only means no take - it means no fishing at all, infact it likely means no fishing, no bait collecting,no power boats, no kayaks, no winkling, no bass nets, no hobby potting, no commercial activity, no dog walking and possibly no walking at all. The idea is to have an area completely untouched by man (Other than the scientists and students who will study the area to see what happens).
    2. An area was proposed, by anglers and commercials, south of Flamborough which was felt to be acceptable to both parties. Natural England will return to say if that area is acceptable to them in the next couple of months. It was a difficult one to call and I left feeling unsure that Natural England were happy with the proposed area.
    My perception is Natural England will want an area north of Flamborough. The only thing I base that on is my own perceptions of how the meeting went.but only time will tell.