1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishtec fishing gear

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by Fishy Rich, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

has anyone ever ordered any flies from fishtec.co.uk? was thinking of ordering some fly sets for the new season. if they arent up to scratch can anyone recommend a good online tackle supplier, thanks in advance Rich

2. rupert

rupert Blenny

Rich

I can't comment on Fishtec flies, but I have bought off these guys - they're a Yorkshire based firm too. I was really impressed with the quality.

http://www.theessentialfly.com/home.html

So many mail order flies are tied in bulk - literally! They are overdressed and clumsy looking.

The most effective flies tend to be the most sparsely dressed as they look far more natural and look more lifelike either in, or on the water. Don't think you buying less for you're money - you're buying a far better fly!

3. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Re: Anglers Lodge Online

I buy all my fishing tackle and fly tying materials from www.anglers-lodge.co.uk who have the best tackle shop in the North east.
    I always visit the shop which is at Jubilee Trout Lakes at Redworth nr Darlington.
    As well as being on of the most popular Troutfisheries in England the tackle shop is well worth the visit in my opinion. :happy:pB

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Aye Peter, its a cracking shop, and i've spent quite a bit of dosh in there over the years. Its best if i keep away these days :cheesy:

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

i ordered some flies in the end, they arrived quick. they seem alright to me having had a look at them. i bought some from the dragonflies website too, these were cheaper they also were finished well and came with a free box. thanks lads for the other websites, i'll have a scout through them. looking forward to opening day at lock wood beck, only a week away now, just hope it warms up a bit and this rain disappears!