1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. pauluk

pauluk New Member

Hello!!! I'm Paul. I am planning a trip with Vietnam budget tours. I am keen to go fishing over there either salt or fresh water but don't seem to be lucky in finding much positive information about fishing there. Does anyone have any contacts or have been on any charters over there. We are starting from Hanoi to HCMC.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

I'd try posting your question on the WSF site under the rest of the world section. There's a lot more guys with a wider range of angling experience on there.

3. Iank

Iank Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alright Paul,
    I had a bit of time in the Far East a few years ago and spent three weeks going from Hanoi to Nha Trang ( about half the way to HCMC) while I can't tell you much about the fishing I can say that you should have a great experience.

I didn't find much, if any any organised or western style fishing. I did go jigging for squid in Halong Bay which is very touristic and north of Hanoi, not much good fishing wise but a great experience as its a fantastically scenic place and for us there was a tropical storm forecast on the second day and the whole bay was evacuated so we only just made it. I also found just one place in the whole trip selling fishing tackle as we know it , in the old town of Hanoi, the rest was fish farming or subsistence stuff.

In Nha Trang we had a few snorkelling trips alongside scuba diving trips and I suppose if you asked and payed these guys might take you out fishing as there were certainly plenty of fish on the reefs. Danang is fairly modern and might offer some?

Sorry I can't help you fishing wise but I can tell you where we went and what we learnt if that's any good but go with an open mind and you will enjoy it. I found that it wasn't a holiday as such but a pretty good experience as we booked our own hotels and journeys.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015