1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING WHITBY PIERS - BIG COD FOR BIG COD

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Re: BIG COD FOR BIG COD

Awesome!

2. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

awsome result paul well done ;)

3. baza

baza New Member

very well done. just shows that you dont have to lift them. i bet you wish you had a drop net with you

4. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

well done paul
    good catch :D

5. John E

John E UKs Number One Blanker

Majik, well done Paul.

I can't wait to tell the lads on Friday when we'll all raise our glasses for a toast too you. ;)

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

bump

7. cps

cps Rockling

who did he get to hold the fish in the pic, looks a bit like big cod but much older ;D

8. j sutton

j sutton New Member

one nice looking fish

9. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

:gum: :blindfold: :alien: :vomit:

10. cod addict

cod addict New Member

hi lads and paul ,
    been checking out the website for a while now and well done everyone , its great. :cheesy:
    well done paul , thats the second time ive seen you with prime time fish on here ,
    what a lovely bag of fish , wheres the rest of them ???? would have made a nice photo (as long as you dont change your pose :wounded: .......... :laugh:
    your a legend m8 !

mick ,
    gateshead .
    ps , b on touch soon for summer

11. Baramundi Bob

12. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

That was a fine fish Paul - This may be academic but just in case I ever hook a fish like that there would you take it down the harbour again or with what you know now would the sand side possibly have been easier ?

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes that seems be the best option but unfortunatly it isnt the case i have been fishing on the west peir for over 40years and the times years ago i got a big fish on and tryed to take it up the peir past the rock pool and drag it along the stone part of the extension and beach it seems logic but no.
    What you find on the west peir very often is when there is a good sea on you get what you call an outset that when the current runs out to sea from the shore the times i tryed to get a fish past the rockpool there was noway you get it past it with the outset it just kept going back down the side of the peir and the fish would often end up in rockpool snagged in the rocks. what makes it worse is the water coming from the harbour when its rough underneath the extention bridge all it wants to do is go back out to sea so the best way is up harbour its just getting a fish past the bullnoses this very kind gentleman dropped down the wall and onto the bullnose and grabbed my line and pulled the fish round so i could then drag it up the harbour i still ow him a pint i think he defernetly worked in the construction industry a scaffolder or steelerect or something.

paul.

14. Baramundi Bob

Nearly 18,000 hits, its a popular story.

15. Baramundi Bob

16. Baramundi Bob

17. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a cracking fish, great angling!!

18. Baramundi Bob

19. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member