1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING WHITBY PIERS - BIG COD FOR BIG COD

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 26, 2007.

1. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Re: BIG COD FOR BIG COD

Well done paul cracking fish. :eek:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

He probably is ;) ;). Think his biggest from the shore is 22 - 24 ??, if I remember the story correctly it took a rockling as he was winding in.

3. robq

robq Rockling

Awesome fish in a cracking bag !!

Is this season shaping to be the best, consistently for a very very long time ??

I Just wish I could get a piece of it :( :( dunno whats wrong with me but I am shaping like a tart this year :mad: :mad:

4. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Well done m8 cracking fish. One to remeber

5. newdave

newdave Guest

not any kind of tart that would interest me Rob :-*

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Along with all the others , very well done, shows that knowledge can result in some awesome catches when others like myself have struggled a bit this weekend...well done again good skills.

Cheers Worm.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

[​IMG]

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Paul, I,ve never seen you looking as happy ::) you knew that was there did,nt you ;)

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well glen after a few beers in my local the ship ( sorry my pub) just nicely chilling out well after my couple of hours fishing today i had to just sit and chill out got my best fish for well over 10years , i decided after yesterday i fanced a couple of hours this afternoon the wind had dropped the sea was just starting to drop it looked blob on for a fish allmost anywhere so i went where i thought i might have clicked a lunker yesterday the west peir i have had over the years some unbelievable bags of fish off that peir but only in the right conditions today it looked cracking a lovelly big lazy roll so i popped down for a couple of hours there was a few mops comeing in here and there but i put a big bait out purposely to fish for a better fish and sure enough i was lucky and hooked into what i thought was a decent codling 8 or 9 lb it wasnt till i got it near the peir i realized it was much better fish then it surfaced and i knew it was well into double figures looking at the fish i knew it couldnt be lifted so thought about the best options to get this ashore i allways ues a 50-60lb leader and hook trace for lifting but anything over 10lb is dodgy so the fun began i was fishing of the end of the west peir there was another 2 guys on the peir one was fishing next to me and another near the corner i told the guy who was fishing next to me this fish had to be beached other wize i would of had no chance with it so as i thought the harbour looked the best choice try and get the fish all the way to the bandstand there is some steps there which would be an ideal landing place it looked one hell of a task but after half of hour of guiding the fish past all sorts of obstructions we finally managed to get the fish to steps next to the bandstand but in the final momments of landing the fish the fish became tangled on the handrails ajacent to the steps but the lord must have been looking down on us and i got it free a fine fish of 16lb nice to see i think there is more of those fellows to come this winter we had loads of cod 13--15lb in the boat this backend so there might be an odd fish nearing the 20lb mark keep believeing boys.

paul.

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers howard thanks mate i did needed a pint after trying to get that fish to the bandstand it was really hard work but well worht it in the end.

paul.

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done on a superb shore caught cod - would hate to see the look on your face when you blank ;D ;D

12. steerser

steerser Blenny

classic mate well done ;) ;D

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Fantastic story Big Cod, would just loved to have seen you land it....truelly amazing.. well done

14. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Well done Paul bet that had the old ticker pumping cracking fish you deserve it :eek:
    Mick

15. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

CRacking fish that. Bet your heart was in your mouth trying to get that round to the bandstand

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

believe me he was smiling alright, that wasnt the only double tonight my mate had one of 11lb dead, great to see two big fish in one night :D

17. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Nice fish Paul. The fish managed a smile ;D What happened to you? You get a parking ticket or something?
    Regards Col.

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes chris ;D is that better had a bloke next to me on the peir who saw me using my secret big fish bait said he going to tell the world.

19. Howard

Howard Blenny

Stop getting at the lad he has a brilliant charter business doing what he loves and his own pub within spitting distance of some of the best cod fishing in the country...the mans under a lotta pressure :D

20. bucko

bucko Guest

Well done Paul.
    Seems there were a few good ones yesterday but that tops the lot.