1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing The Wrecks Near Scarborough - 4 Doubles On Sea Otter 2 And A PB

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Sep 11, 2012.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sea Otter 2 Pictures Here

Sea Otter 2 reports Here

Been very busy so just put report up from day 1 of the festival.

Saturday saw probably one of the best days weather wise at sea this year, with no wind blue skies and flat calm near perfect conditions.

With the tides small it was now time to head south of Whitby close in. These wrecks only fish on the right conditions.

Small tides and water clarity has to be right here. A few of these wrecks hold some cracking fish, one in particular is my favourite, which is just over 2 miles from the shore.

This wreck is a bit special and once agin it didnt let me down, we had some lovelly cod with one lad jim getting four doubles and with personal bests as well for 2 lads.

A cracking stamp of fish we had no cod under 6lb nothing over 13lb all between 6-13lb we just couldnt nail that stonker but the lads still had a day to remember.

John gets get a nice cod just into double figures he had 7 of 8 cod between 6lb and 10lb plus all his ling he was well happy.

[​IMG]

But it was this man jim who did the buisness 4 fish over 10lb the best 13lb he got these 3 on the belt .

[​IMG]

Then next drift he got his best this fish which went 13lb dead.

[​IMG]

With only 5 lads chartering the boat my crewman dave had a quick drop and nailed this fish this was 11lb his PB dave has only been working for me for a short time his eyes have been truely opened since working on sea-otter 2

[​IMG]

The lads taking a few snaps the weather is fab.

[​IMG]

Yesterday local lad paul britton get 2 ling over 13lb taking joint 2nd place in the dailys paul was bit unlucky the fish quite skinny normall both these fish would have topped 15lb +.

[​IMG]

The one over 20lb awaits looks like we will sneak tommorow so fingers crossed for the big one ,

paul.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: 4 DOUBLE FIGURE COD FOR DAVE IN THE FESTIVAL ON SEA-OTTER 2

Some lovelly fish there lads, well done.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glen the cod fishing over the last 4 weeks has been very good indeed as the tides lift towards the end of the week it should go bang again shads have been dynomite.

paul.

4. Baramundi Bob

We tried on yaks at long hole on Saturday, infact you passed us on your way back. Stacks of pollack but no cod.

5. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

Nice one, Paul. I fished Saturday and Monday, and as you say, conditions were close to perfect on the face of it. I had twelve ling on the Saturday, five of which were into double figures, but alas nothing bigger than 12lb 8oz and not enough for a podium finish. All fantastic sport, much better and consistent fishing than here down south, but once again I'm left wondering what it will take to tempt the 'big croc' - its not like I'm shy when it comes to loading my hooks with big baits!? Anyway, I will try and make it up again in November - winning that darn festival is close to top of my 'ten things to do before I die' list. LoL. All the best, Dunc

6. Baramundi Bob

Ive often noted that those big ling only seem to want to play under perfect conditions, often after you cleared out all the smaller fish. Used to fish for them a lot with my mate Chris Dickinson. The bigger fish were always the last to come out.

7. cps

cps Rockling

was a bony day,
    we sat at the shark mark all day, no sharks :sad:
    haddock fishing was good best around 4 lb, :cheesy:
    saw a few whales as well one came up along side the boat must have been a 30 footer :surprise:

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You keep trying duncan i am sorry you will get there in the end bud .

paul.

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Lets just hope this last big blow hasnt dampend this sort of fishing we have been getting its been fishing very very well on the shads.

paul.

10. Baramundi Bob

Every time I see this I just wish that bloke had kept his clothes on.

11. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

Love to go out on the sea otter, ive only done shy torque

12. Baramundi Bob