1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing The Mull Of Galloway In October - Will It Be Any Good ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a trip to the mull this weekend cant wait going sat am till tuesday
    big tides midday high weather looking good
    thinking wall sat fish it down sunday who knows
    will it still be worth a punt for bass new england bay on plugs
    any advice welcome from the experts

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: mull

Well Its an unknown for me at this time of year but why not. Ive seen bass caught to 9lb and in good numbers from Flamborough in Nov. the Mull is in the Gulf stream, the waters at its warmest right now. So go get them, I bet its full of fish.

3. Seasoncool

Seasoncool Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Newbie report it. Enable Signature with it

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I have heard that there r some very good bass being had from the mull at the moment

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks lads will post a report next week off to bed now for early start

6. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

Same I heard froma few lads that iI met at Ardwell that there's lots of good size bass getting taken up until those with ds with I suspect made it difficult for a while but I conta cted Gary Watson and he also quoted that he had heard reports of bass there to.

I really don't think the bass fishing stops all year round on the mulljust more prolific months than others and I know for sure that they use the plugging gear for a lot longer over there than we do

As Glenn said it's right close to the gulf stream so much warmer . I hope you enjoy your stay and hope you catch a fish of a lifetime :)

7. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

about 10 year ago i camped on the slopes down to yellow isle for a weekend. remembered everythink apart from my sleeoing bag. had doggies alnight long with some bull huss n conger. some good pollock during the day to.

looking forward to your report mate n good luck

mick