1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing the Brigg with Ziggy and Shark - Best Birthday Ever

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jul 1, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well what an evening. I got invited by Ziggy, to accompany him out on his Warrior 165 tonight out from Filey. It looked a little choppy but at 6pm we decided to launch. Its my first time ever out on a small boat and really enjoyed the experience of launching. We steamed off behind the Brigg and slowed to a halt for a drift close in. You would not believe it, I dropped a 3 oz lead head with one of Sams Spro Heli-Tail jellys on it and bang first drop into a damn good fish that really caught me by suprise. Eventually got it too the side of the boat and Jason whippd it into the net for me. We tried to weigh it out there but the swell was doing crazy things with my digi scales and it was reading anywhere between 10 and 14 lb. Later I got a reasonable reading inside the bay of about 11lb 4oz.

The Filey lifeboat came around (the big one :embarrass: ), the cox is a good mate of Jasons and it circled us getting as close as 5 foot away, verbal abuse was exchanged but what fun and a fantastic sight, erm in more ways than one, some of those lifeboat crew are looking mighty fine :embarrass: , well anyway we went on to fill a large crate of damn good fish, some averaging a good 5lb, a good pollock to Shark too, will post some pics in a bit, A new pb for me and what a wonderful birthday. Thank you so much Jason.

Ken

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Spot on Ken sounds like you really had a good one. Happy birthday :happy:

3. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Happy birthday Ken,

It sounds like you had a good trip out, cracking fish !!. Don't be getting any ideas of up-sizing your launch mind... :suspious:

Neil.

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Ken, a great birthday present.

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done ken, what a way to round off your birthday

tightlines
    Dan

6. cps

cps Rockling

said he was going when i was talking to him at the petrol stn can i asume you gave tham a lesson in anglig skill :embarrass: :cheesy:

7. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

was a fantastic night really enjoyed myself. good company good fishing and a bit of piss taking {by the way shark's new name is ROBSON GREEN :butt:} that is what fishing is all about :yes: :yes:

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

nice one ken....were you sneaking a bit info for weekend by any chance lol

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Theres far too much money up this coast, after seeing Smokeys new ride and this, think I'm moving up here :cheesy:

[​IMG]

What a lovely orange boat, quite pleasing on the eye :cheesy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a cracking pollock for our Robson :cheesy:

[​IMG]

10. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Robson ha ill remember that next time your out of bait ziggster, and you spawnyken lol well done on the big fish and cheers for the trip codhead,

that was a nice view on the lifeboat she sure knew how to give it full bore

[​IMG]
    shame this came out blurry
    [​IMG]

And if id of know it was your birthday we could of had tea and bisquits :laugh: :laugh:

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done lads great evening for you. hope they had a cake for you ken :laugh: .

wait till i see shark :laugh: :laugh:

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 boys....

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done fellas, excellent fish Ken :cool: Sounds like a great 34th birthday to me :whistle: :embarrass:

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done boy,s shame about the blurry photo,s :embarrass: nice birthday pressie you had there Ken :cool:

15. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

Looks like a good evenings fishing with a bit of banter thrown in. Dosen't get any better in my book.

Alan

16. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish Ken

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Cracking report, well done on the pig Ken good fish,I ve taken note of that spot ....thanks to the lifeboat circling you....I was spinning on the Brigg at the time so got to see exactly the spot.....didn t know it was you boys but the spot has been noted for Sunday :yes: :yes: :yes:

18. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

been some good fish landed again tonight in the filey boat match, biggest 14 and a half pound. i couldn't get among them but the two lad's with me got some beauty's biggest about nine and a half and two big pollock. same place as last night :wink:

19. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bugger me i saw ya !! we were fishing off the brigg !! we packed up early and came down to the cobble landing to watch wiegh in !! ....looked to be some good fish caught ... nice one

tight lines ....mick :cheesy:

20. filey bouy

filey bouy www.fileylifeboat.co.uk

Nice to meet you Ken. I heard you showed them how to catch the big ones its all about quality not quantity.
    Have added some pics below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]