1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING TACKLE IN BOYES STORES - A visit to boys

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by harrythecod, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Weres that boys andy ....wouldnt mind a shop in there .... :laugh: :laugh:

2. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

I aint a clue Dav which is probably as well cos the wallet would take a bit of a hammering :embarrass: .I often wonder if we had a shop locally that stocked a lot of this type of gear if it would be a niche market and do well.Who knows when that redundancy cheque comes through it might be worth looking in to.I would much prefer somewhere to see the stuff "for real",maybe have a little test tank to try stuff out.It would be much better than buying blind off the net.

3. martin

martin New Member

Called in at Scarborough store today picked up a Fladen 7ft solid carbon green boat rod 20-60 class for £30
    no shads to speak off though never mind picked up a good cheap rod

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

To be honest andy ive actually thought the same .....what with the luire fishing industry around here taking off and stuff.......
    Ide drop my job tommorow of being an engineer to be part of somthing i love doing ,,not somehting i do for money.....

5. bassman

bassman Administrator

Boyes in Brid have now have Shakespeare and Abu in stock, but on checking the price my local tackle shop North Bay Angling can and will match Boyes price. So befor you buy check out your local tackle dealer first, you ether use them or lose them and i carnt ever see Boyes selling worms over the counter can you. :no:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well you never know with boyes they sell everything else :laugh:
    the leads that they sell come from coso, local shops are the best and you dont get a brew in boyes in the fishing department :laugh: :laugh:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well spotted john :yes: there is allways a cupa on the go at kieths at saltburn,and sometimes a bicky or a sweetie to lure you in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Bill costains ,where is that ,i am in stockton,if his leads are cheap enough will it be worth a trip from stockton for say 50 or more

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

hi harry give him a call 01723507501, bill goes up your way twice a week so give him a call and see what he says. john

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

thanks john, will do see what he comes up with

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

you given him a call harry?? what he say??

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Just got back from Boyes.Checked the boat rods (Fladen celtic range) and first glance looked okay with a decent finish for the price and actually felt very comfortable and light.On closer inspection three out of three rods checked had slightly misaligned end eyes.
    This set the alarm bells ringing and was just wonderin if any of the anglers on here had actually used their Boyes bought rods in anger yet and if so how did they stand up.
    This might have been a faulty batch at boro of course but 3 out of 3 faulty ???

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Buy heck this one goes back a bit foo, :surprise: i forgot all about this thread ha ha , i never used my rod yet ,probably will in june on paul,s boat,if it goe's t**s up well paul has rods on board,so it will be another £15 quid wasted :whistle:it wont be the first time and probably not the last :wink:

14. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not bought any rods from boyes but have a fladen boat rod that they stock in boyes that I got off the net, for £15, does the job fine, pulled it nearly double on snags and it hasnt suffered any damage.
    Oh bought a couple of collapsable pots from ebay that are from boyes in s'boro and they came today, look spot on....£3.75 a piece, cant fall off :yes:

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

what sort of pot's

16. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

not had any problems with the 20-60lb green fladden boat rod from whitby boyes, but i did notice some of the rods in the racks had faulty eyes. the one i bought came from stock upstairs

17. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Crab pots, not bad actually, I wanted ones that were cheap as Im not wanting to lose much if they get stuck on the bottom, these were very cheap, fold down small and are pretty roomy, look like they should work, soon find out anyway
    heres a link to them on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160333113180

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

19. harbottle

harbottle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i got a fladen 13ft carbon multiplier surf rod from boys in scarb for 26 quid its not the stiffest of rods but i've had a few good fish on it and its great upto bout 80 ish yds the rings aint the worlds greatest but the 1 i bust was easy enuff to replace