1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Following on from Ramrods very interesting topic on luck I have started to wonder about analyzing various aspects of my fishing technique. As a starting point I was wondering what rigs you guys use. Do you stick to the same ? do you have different rigs for different venues ? if so what effects your decision ? Do you use a specific hook size and type or again do you vary them ? Do you always use a rotten bottom ? What type of leads do you use and what effects your choice of lead ?

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mine are very simple and I rarely if ever use anything different. They involve a snood and rig body of identical lengths about 1.5 foot in length attached at the top to a clip swivel so I can clip in a new pre baited snood for each cast. I wire the hooks to stop the bait slipping over the hook point. Hooks are usually a 5o eagle claw (got rid of the 3o's cps although they will be back early season next year). Leads are usually a 6 ounce bopedo which are fantastic rolling just enough to move about but not excessively. Occasionally I'll use a 5 or 6 ounce bomb. Sometimes I'll use a 6 ounce gripper quite often in kelp or on shallow scars with a lot of tide across them. I have recently started tieing the occasional rig including an impact shield as advised by lobbers.

For whitings I scale down to a 1 or 1o hook usually a sakuma chemically sharpened hook which Im sure are just eagle claw in disguise.

3. Maxie

Maxie New Member

try the breakaway imps bait clip glen they are tiny and work great when used with a srt spring on a single or with a cascasde clip on a multi hook rig,been using them all winter.
    for clip down cod fishing i use a 1 or 1/0 but remember we probably arent going to get a fish over 6lb so can get away with smaller hooks and baits.
    rough ground i just use a nylon blood loop flapper with sakumas up to 5/0.
    hooks smaller than a 1/0 i just use kamasans of various patterns.
    size 2s for doggies and 4 for whiting and dabs.
    as for weights its mainly grips on clean ground and big seas but my mate has fished all year with plain leads even in big seas over sand and caught plenty.

4. cod master

cod master New Member

i youse a 2 hook flapper most of the time size 2 hooks catch lots of fish