1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing On Shytorque At Whitby Uptiding yesterday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cobra, Nov 18, 2009.

1. cobra

cobra NIL TAURUS EXCRETUM

Hi all. Me my son and a couple of mates had a great days fishing on shy torque yesterday anchored up off sandend. Some were uptiding and some fished down tide all methods worked equally well with the best cod coming to squid on a flowing trace fished down tide. We used black lug / mussel and squid for bait. We left Whitby at eight am and we had caught 5 cod by nine O'Clock we caught steadily until the tide fell away. We only had a couple of cod over slack water but as the tide got away the fishing improved. We ended up with 30 cod to 9 1/2lb a couple of ling to 9lb with plenty of coalies and whiting to 2lb plus the unavoidable blegs all told a great day out. Roll on the Whitby inshore festival

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: uptiding yesterday

Well done on the fishing. Uptiding can be great fun cant it, especially when your catching. If you forward the pictures to whitbyseaanglers@gmail.com I will post them up for you.

Cheers - Glenn

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done lads sounds like you had a good day I cant wait for my turn hope there,s some fish left for me and maybe a bigy for the scales. tightlines chris

4. cobra

Thanks glen will do. Dave

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Lads i will look forwards to the pics i was the same as you but ive now got the hang of it hope you have left some fish us fishing at the weekend to catch tight lines Alain

6. Baramundi Bob

Some nice pictures there mate. do you mind if I use them on the wcsa site please ?

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Nice one lads, cant wait until the uptiding festival now.

8. cobra

Hi Glen you can use the photos no worris i have plenty more if you need em. Dave

9. Baramundi Bob