1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing noth wales at pwelli

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by 1LASTCAST, May 29, 2010.

1. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys wonder if i could pick any of your brains,im off to west wales(7km east of pwelli) friday for 3 days and just have to sneak the fishing tackle in the car,ive never been and was wondering if anyone has fished here before,heard its full of bass but any tips or advice would be brilliant,many thanks in advance.best wishes...Gary

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I had a week just outside Pwhelli last year in July....the black bream had started to show off the main beach the week before I went but strong sth west winds scuppered any plans of fishing for them. The locals told me that Gimlet rock is a good bass amrk and also for the rays when they are in . The boat channel in the river at the side of the Gimlet rock also a nice spot. Within 20 mins you have Hells Mouth which if some sea running is bass spot and also some bait to be dug in both Hells mouth (north end near the rocks) and also Abbersoch good for bait digging. There is a spot at Abersoch that just sticks out near to the yacht club that is also a nice spot to try for bass. There are loads of marks to go at. ....with the Lleyn Penninsula offering some spectacular rock fishing.....hope you like catching doggies.

I did a weeks worth of reports on some spots down there this is the first day, if you search under the title the rest are there to read might help a little. Hope you get light winds :
    http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10600.msg93647#msg93647

3. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thank you very much for that dave your a star,looking forward to it,thanks matey!!