1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fishing mishaps(my 25 yr mishap anniversary)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by portlandbill, Dec 30, 2011.

1. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

25 yr ago tnite(30/12/86) :sad: i was fishing the east scaur at redcar with a pal, anyway i had a couple of fish when i got snagged up.
    So started to pull it free, :sad: :sad: it came free alright :sad: as i glimpsed a 6 oz sinker hurtling tward me :sad: :sad: i managed to duck but still got hit on the side of the face.
    ended up on the floor :cry: with blood pouring from a gash on the side of my face just missing my eye, i had to give up to me mates disgust calling me a p$$f and its only a scratch!
    I had a great black eye for new year eve and no one believed me when i told them what happened
    so just wondered if anyone else had any mishaps while fishing?

hope u all have a good new yr :happy: all the best :happy:

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

mishap i had one two years ago when i fished the first north V south match i tripped while walking. head butted the first rock and could i hell as like get up i was face down loaded up like a pack donkey shouting for the others to come and help me think it was Boomstick that found my glasses and was pulled to my feet couldent see as blood was running into my eyes after the Pi$$ taking add stopped i and the rest carried on to our way. fished all night then went home the next morning i woke up looking like this

[​IMG] so just be carefull the next time you go fishing i was wearing ocean studded wadders at the time tightlines Alain

3. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

No wonder you tripped over Alain your eyes are closed mate. Sorry lads but can't help laughing at both of you, one good thing and common to both of you is both accidents could both have had far more serious outcomes.
    Best wishes and good health for the New Year lads.

4. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That was a funny night alain that could have been far worse luckily we were behind to see you fall and take the piss before picking you up ha ha

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

ha ha you never told me that one you nutter, is that what that scar is off. stick to hammer banging pal, ive got some fillet in the freezer for you when when i go back on the blast.

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Lads ,Lads ,Lads , if i told you about all my mishaps it would take me a week , :yes:
    Have you ever tried to get up boulby without a light at one oclock in the morning ,freezing cold ,p1ssing down covered in clay , bloody glad i was 20 years younger :wounded:

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Foo youv`e seen nowt yet im a superstar on the casting field i dont have the clip , im sure some R Sole will put it on pound to a penny your ribs will hurt more than mine did roll on 2012, tightlines Alain (Happy newyear)

8. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

ive got the bos plant ready, going on blast next wk lobbers :sad: might take me rod 4 whitin bashin over the unloaders :wink:

9. m sheridan

m sheridan Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sin lobbers do a bit off self harm we his reel down port on a pig i took photo for him few year bk bout 10lbs iff a fink right n his lamp went as well lol reet laff