1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fishing marks near luib skye

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by shammy67, Apr 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Hi all heading to skye for 5 nights as part of our yearly 2 week trip over the border. Just wondered if any of the skye crew have any suggestions for marks near where we're staying. Its beside loch ainort if thats any help. Cheers, Ian

2. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi there,
    My feeling is that there is not much on your 'doorstep' there, but you are fairly well positioned to drive to many.
    - Elgol
    Great venue. Straight into deep water off NW headland to W of harbour. Good pollock, conger, mackerel straight out. Sea trout if casting across channel towards Soay.
    Metals worked well here.
    100 yards to right of harbour, for small skate at night.
    -Kylerhea
    Between tides, cast WEEDLESS softs and retrieve over the kelp for good pollock.
    - Loch Brittle
    Sea trout. You are supposed to pay though. Grrrrr!
    - Ord
    Chance of sea trout. Not your best bet, but worth going to to see. Saw a few jumping whilst fishing there.
    - ardvasar ferry jetty
    Feathering for mackerel. Good for bait. there and Elgol best bets for that.
    - west of Ardvasar
    Chances of bass in SW'erlies. Pollock over kelp. Weedless.
    - Barccadale Point
    Spurdogs off headland to SW of Struanmore, at entrance to Loch Harport.
    - Neist
    Mackerel, conger, tope, pollock
    - Kilamalaug Bay
    Between tides, red cod and skate.
    - Loch Slapin
    Big skate at night.

The Whitby Bass Boys will no doubt tell you a few more in the Northern part of island.
    I tried hard for bass last year in places like Talisker Bay. No luck, but worth seeing. One of the most beautiful bays I have seen. Park and walk to beach.

Drives to Elgol, Kylerhea, Ord and Loch Brittle are absolutely epic and MUST be done.

One of the truly magical places on earth. Enjoy.
    Ben

3. shammy67

Cheers for the extensive info ben. Had a good look last night and couldn't find anything local. Its a family holiday but dare say I'll get a pass for a few drives out ;) cant wait to explore and experience all skye has to offer :)

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

What a cracking post , Ben

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/isle-of-skye-sea-fishing

6. Baramundi Bob

Just looking at the map, we have never fished near there, with the exception of Armadale whcih may not be too long of a drive. The area your in looks very sandy on the OS Map. May be good for a selection of flats etc.

Ive highlighted a mark we did fish for you. Its just above where your staying. Id hit this easy access spot about 2 hours before high tide. looks good for conger and Pollack.

Attached Files:

7. shammy67

Cheers Glenn..definately be trying that spot out ;) have looked on google earth for some heavy ground but as you said its pretty much sand all the way. Will probably give the flatties a go, but pollack are definately my number 1 target. Though i have had bass and pollack over sand in scotland before so be worth a bash with the lures locally too me thinks. Kinda get the feeling skye could turn out to be our regular half way stop off to the north coast :)

8. Baramundi Bob

Head up onto the Troternish peninsula for the Pollack. The ground above Uig looks awesome. Theres a few marks up there we have fished. But to be honest. Its all amazing.

9. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Hi mate, bit further up the coast but we had a good sesh on the Pollock on 'Craggy Island' at Staffin the year before last. Find the jetty there on google maps and it's the second small peninsula to the right of it.

10. shammy67

Cheers bud..we'll be exploring the island as much as possible. So think ill just keep the gear in the car for a few cheeky casts ;)