1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Jackets - In need of a new winter smock what would you lads recommend???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

i am looking to get a new winter smock for this season i have a greys jacket at the mo,but its past its sell by date, doesnt keep me warm ,and the rain just goes straight through it!!! ive had a look at the vass ones but look very thin and look like they would rip very easy !!i fancy one of the imax ones on e bay £49 as the greys smocks are quite pricey now adays ,what do you lads recommend ???cheers sie

2. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: In need of a new winter smock what would you lads recommend???

Classic titan ;)

3. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

greys

4. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

greys

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Would never get a Titan ever again. Two Jackets, zip fell apart in double quick time and they have the rudest customer service you ever dealt with. One of them called me a "Twat" because I dared to ask them to replace the coat. Had a right carry on with Rods And Reels and Tony Neatby who refused to take the jacket back. Had to set trading standards on them to get it repaired, which they did begrudgingly after a 3 month process. Trading standards threatened them with Legal Action in the end.

6. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Dont know what they are like but right gear are selling off smocks on facebook.they were £50 now less than £20.I have a greys but like you say the price has shot up.

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Ive got a titan storm jacket, but it leaks like a teabag now. Might just go for a waterproof coat and layer up underneath it

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I have a classic titan, had it over ten years now. i understand the quality is shocking now so would never get a new one. alot of people are tending to lean towards to the vass jackets there are two different thicknesses available. i heard they are very good jackets, shadrap should tell us how he has got on with his so far . . . .

9. Baramundi Bob

Ive just got a sundridge smock. Looks good. Ill let you know how it goes. They are reasonably priced at whitby angling supplies.

10. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

im gunna get the new imax thermal smock for me birthday(november)
    family dont know that yet :cheesy: herd the rite gear one are pretty good too and not dear !

11. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5868.0

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

If I could source a Greys Mk1 smock I would have one.......Unfortunately I got a Mk2.....what a load of crap.......zips no good about as waterproof as a tissue. I ve compared it to Robs Mk1 version and the material is completely different, very thin on the new version........I ll not be wasting nearly £100 on another. I ve gone a waterproof and breathable walking jacket in a size larger than I normally use to give more room under the arms for casting....was only £40 with a really well designed hood. I was out in wind and rain the other day on the cliffs and stayed nice and dry underneith despite strong winds and lashing rain.....see how it goes.

13. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

customer services eh, I'm lucky to use a hull tackle shop on bev road that will bend over backwards for you, I once had a reel break and he demanded the rep get me a new one asap and it was there in a day. thats after service and you should never except nowt else. Shame you had to suffer the indignity of that experience mate.

14. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just been today looking for smock looked at the vass,there is 2 ,a 175 breathable 350 full weather,,they do feel thin but have been told they are good,,yes would need layer under it but thats not to bad,,like rich says shadrap has 1 ,i messaged him about it but must be busy,,

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

ive got the lightweight Vass one. wore it tues night in torrential rain and it never let a drop in. I was expecting it to be cold but i was lovely and warm cos its windproof. very pleased with it so far.

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

where did you get it from matty, out of interest

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Keiths mate

18. bow1

bow1 Rockling

never had an issues with old style titan until zip broke recently,im after a anew un so may look at vass.

19. potholer

potholer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Imax thermo smock from veal's £49.99 and you get a free imax beany with it

20. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

got a text inviting me for beer last night mate, hes in town! mucky night away with the missus!