1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Hummersea - Double figure Cod 18-03-2008

Discussion in 'Cod, Bass & Pollock Snaps From GJW' started by GJW, Mar 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Caught this 10lb 10oz cod at Hummersea last night 18-03-2008.

[​IMG]

I have found it a bit hard to get motivated of late, with our best winter cod fishing now behind us and the summer fishing still some way ahead, it's poor in between time of the year were most of us are reflecting back over the winter or looking forward to the summer..
    After an unproductive session the last time i went a couple of week's back, my enthusiasm was low but i decided it was no good sitting about counting down the hours until summer arrives, so i decided to grab my cod gear and give it another go.
    I phoned my mate Dan from Kieth sports fishing tackle (Saltburn) to see if he fancied joining me on a pig hunt.

Our first few casts resulted in nothing more the a few half hearted rockling bites then Dan struck into a better bite and pulled in a nice plump 5lb cod which took a rockling on his pennel hook, then i got a positive bite followed by slack line which resulted in nothing, next cast i was just thinking about summer fishing, and questioning my sanity for standing out in the hail and sleet shower in the freezing cold, then my rod almost got pulled from my hands, this time i wound down and struck into a good fish, when i landed it i thought that will be close to double figure's i got a suprise when i wieghed it on my digital scales and it went 10lb 10oz to make sure i weighed it again on Dan's scales and it went 10lb 14oz, but i will settle for 10lb 10oz.....

After a few more cast with nothing more than a few rockling bites, the weather turned nasty with heavy hail and sleet, so we decided to call it a night and make the climb back to the car, it was a lot easier with a double figure cod in my bag, which is my best of the season..
    So there is still a chance of a few big un's showing over the next few weeks..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tightlines and Good luck..... :yes: :happy:

2. langy

langy Rockling

Re: Double figure Cod 18-03-2008

great fish there m8 well done

3. j sutton

j sutton New Member

cracking fish

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Gary another fine fish to add to your collection of specimens, top angling...

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

beauty that gary

6. Maxie

Maxie New Member

nice fish :happy:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:yes: weldome good fish welldone