1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Help!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Maria, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Maria

Maria Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if you could give me some help and advice please. My Husband and Son are keen to do some sea fishing/beach casting when we come to stay in Port Mulgrave in August this year. Where will be the best places for them to do this? At the moment they fish off the beach where we live in Cumbria. Any help before we decide if to pack all the fishing gear would be grately appreciated!! Thanks!
    Maria x

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

At that time of year you could have mackerel at Whitby, Skinnigrove, Saltburn and South Gare all are reachable inside 25 mins. They could fish the old harbour down in port itself, I'm certain summer species such as flounder and bass exist in that area, Paul Lobley also says he gets cod from down there if the right conditions prevail. Sandsend beach is a possibilty for summer species as is the estuary at Whitby.