1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING HEADLIGHT - HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 8, 2007.

1. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Load of bullshit 5000 lumens my arse

3. Lobbers

Spot on rich. I've just ordered a fenix hp30 on Benns advise

4. Woodsmanuk

Woodsmanuk @woodsmanuk

For what it's worth I've been using this zebra light for a while now with a good Eagtec protected 3400Ah battery.

Imho it is just the job.

http://www.ledfiretorches.co.uk/zebralight-h600w-mkii.html

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best headlight on the marketis the petzl ultra.
    You pay a lot of money for one, I've had mine for 5 years and it's never had a problem.
    They are light, bright and there's no wires to get caught.

Bigfoot.

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

There alao was problems with the wiring on the ultra that caused petzl to modify it, poor battery life and a drop in lumens through overheating. I considered one but those reported problems and crazy price put me off.
    They also are discontinued now, replaced by the ultra rush.

Has any one used a Spark st6 500cw? They seem to get good reviews on the fladhlight forums, wondered if any anglers have tried one?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

7. richie7

richie7 Blenny

I've also had a Petzl ultra now for about 5 years. Very reliable, comfy to wear, never had an overheating problem, battery life as in run time has been great.

Would I have another?...............................No!

The Fenix HP11 I carry as a spare runs on 4x AA and is a lot cheaper with a great beam and good run times. Just as comfy to wear and you can easily carry AA batteries just in-case. Love the Petzl but there are cheaper options out there now which are just as good and reliable.

8. 16979arkle

16979arkle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I use the hope r4 had it a couple of years now no probs my friends got the hope4 and that's 4-5years old and on the same batteries its a bike light but its designed for headharness or handlebars battery can be left on charger if you want and they don't discharge ,well mine don't http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai=C1zxHkcQuVNbxAeTwiwaFlYHwBuCo08MFsJmlh6IBqOC7jkQIBBADIImq2R4oBVD5usyw-_____8BYLuusoPQCsgBB6kCv2VKuhHOuj6qBCZP0Do0H45X8_Y-nLIDeHYp7LXztqDYLwCL9kiQLEvOoykL0qLhZ4AFkE7ABQWgBiaAB4Db5hKQBwGoB6a-G-AS5syrrbSatehA&sig=AOD64_3g49RN_RsE_nTSdVo1zmavAnLlxw&ctype=5&rct=j&q=&ved=0CDAQww8&adurl=http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/m15b33s413p2320/HOPE-R4-LED-(ES-Battery)-2015/RS_GB/10684

9. Lobbers

Well ive had my new fenix on me head in the shed doing my sht on full beam and it didn't last very long at all switched off and I can only use the lowest beam but will still give me the so called 900 lumen burst beam.

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

what batteries you using paul? did yopu give ema full charge before starting?
    i bought the fenix 3400mah batts and the charger, not used it yet other than a test in the shed

11. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

You need to pay as much attention to the batteries as you do everything else.

If you can get hold of them from a reliable supplier, grab some Panasonic NCR18650B. They are expensive but 'top of the line'. They will likely do a full night for you.

I know that some here don't like 'ebay' head torches but I would say that unless your favourite brand is based around Cree (or equivalent) LED's and Panasonic (not sure there is an equivalent) batteries then I do wonder what it is that you are paying for.