1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING HEADLIGHT - HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Re: FISHING HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

is that a bell clipped to the end of your rod ??? ;D

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

No no thats not a bell end , thats his hat !!!!

;D ;D ;D

Cheers Worm.

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

;D ;D ;D

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

The pic reminds me of being stood on the block on runswick beach on a big sea over high water spring , although when on runswick its best to wait for tide to drop as there no chance of holding bottom

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I used my new headlight last night at Sandsend. The main beam is very bright indeed and the light emitted is crystal clear and not like the dullish yellow of some headlights. Its certainly up to the job. Its an excellent fishing light and the low beam led lets you view the rod tip without fear of shining a real bright light into the water, and with no battery pack its really light. An excellent purchase at £61 including P&P

The main beam is probably as bright as the tiga but does not have the spread of light like the tiga which is very useful for bait digging in the dark, but thankfully the Tiga can now be stored away untill needed for those late night baiting sessions later in the year.

6. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

We saw you put it on that blinking setting a few times, thought it musta been you like getting used to your new light ;D. Not wrong about the beam on them like it certainly looked upto the job.

7. Baramundi Bob

kept forgetting about the third setting. I was trying to put it on full beam and flashing like a lighthouse :D :D

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You'll be impressed at the battery longevity too Glen, I took both Speleo and Princeton the other and the Speleo was soon back in the rucksack due to the better light from the led's.

Cheers Dave

9. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Does anyone have a Tiga they want to sell?

10. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Got an Sl12 with a brand new battery going if you would care to make an offer ;D

11. 8000c

8000c New Member

excellent

http://www.princetontec.com/products...2&type=1&use=0
    look here to see what it can do

buy it from here 15 quid cheaper than veals at the moment
    http://www.basegear.com/princetontecapexpro.html

took a week from the states, worked out about £47 inc delivery

12. steerser

steerser Blenny

this looks like a nice piece of kit http://www.mine-explorer.co.uk/reviews/stenlight_s7/default.asp never seen em before but with twice the power of the apex could be a very good lamp..

13. barry

barry Blenny

Been a tight yorkshire man , i fitted a 3 watt luxeon into my old headlight, cost me £4 ..

14. Baramundi Bob

15. Maxie

Maxie New Member

16. Baramundi Bob

bump. what are these new 500 lumin lights like ?

17. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

I heard rumours that the battery that comes with 1200 lumens one off ebay for £31+P&P seems to get run down very quickly, but I bought a 300 lumen one off the same people and it's great. So far, battery life seems good. And they give you two batteries plus the charger, all delivered for under £15. Can't complain at all.

18. Steve

Steve Rockling

im gonna convert my speleo to led. i can get conersions upto 2400lumens. but gonna stick at around the 500 mark. cost from £60 up

19. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Steve do you have a link for this speleo conversion, thanks.

Regards Ian

20. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

I've just got one of the 540 lumen ones Glenn, to answer the what do you want for christmas questions. Ive got to say first impressions are brilliant. Its extremely bright on full power prob twice as bright as a tiga. The beam is a flood beam with a spot beam in the middle so good for all uses. The battery pack is prob a bit heavy for your head but a fraction of what a tiga pack is. The headband is v comfortable the lamp is adjustable up and down and the three power levels are fine low for general baiting up etc med for playing fish etc or high if you want. I would think it will be great for baiting as well the light is white not yellow like a tiga or buleish like some leds. The battery charges in 4.5 hrs from flat and run times are np problem for the longest trip. All in all a v good piece of kid, but not cheap.
    One little gripe to turn the power up and down needs a gentle touch, I'll see how I get on with that. Prob if it will run 8hrs plus om med then it might just stay on that setting as there isnt that much difference between med and high.

Hope that helps