1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING HEADLIGHT - HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Re: FISHING HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

What model princetopn have you gone for glen ,?......have yer seen how much it is to convert the tiga lead acid battery to the lighter version with the hd cable,,,,bloody 100 odd quid , i think they are having a laugh arnt they.... ;D, at that sort of cost i would expect the bloody cable and battery to be made from gold haha...

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Dav its the tec apex, Should be here some time today I think (fingers crossed - otherwise its down the cliff with that bloody great tiga lamp strapped to my waist tonight :p :p). Hopefully if a few headlights that can compete with the tiga come onto the market the price might come down a bit. You right though they are extortionate for what they are. Just thinking of the old model tiga componants I know you could buy the same battery and a charger from maplins for 15-20 quid so how they justify their price is difficult to understand.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Strrapoped to ure waist ? mmmm mine goes on me head glen ;D ;D......youve got a match tonight havent you ?

4. Baramundi Bob

;D

First match of the season with a sea like a cliff. Could be some good fishing in the right place but could be really bad in the wrong place.

Decisions decisions ??? ??? :'(. As Mr Harland says - That's fishing !!!!! :D ;)

5. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Ive just ordered a new headlamp to replace my Tiga. I was going to go for the Apex but in the end opted for the new Silva LX. One of the new 5W LED models. We shall see what its like when it comes.

I think like a lot of other people, i was just sick of luggin that lead acid battery around

6. woody

woody New Member

hi glen just got my princeton tec yesterday seems like a very good light for the price dont think you will be dissapointed with it like phil says just fed up of the weight of the tiga battery if anyone is interested i have a tiga and a spelio for sale ? :)

7. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

How much for the Tiga Woody?

8. woody

woody New Member

its minus a lens cover and lens seal last seen some whereon the holderness coast pm me if your interested mate works fine only 10month old ! :)

9. macky

macky New Member

i got a princeton tec APEX
    i see no reason to use my tiga again, but make sure u buy some 2700ahm rechargable batterys for it, u should get about 10 hours out of it maybe more

mack

10. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

yeah i got one last year for 65 quid ish and frankly they're the best led out theyre....good for fishing and leds bright enough.... but i got a tiga and that extra glow gives you more added security over the rocks.....(but quite a big lump to carry) but to be honest i havent used the apex since i got the tiga.. funnily enough

11. Baramundi Bob

Fishing toinight, I turned to face into the wind and the tiga blew straight off my head and into the drink. Pop went the bulb at the same time. What a bugger. Hope the apex turns up tomorrow.

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

pussies the lot of you, i sometimes fish with a belt with my fx5 battery and my tiga battery attached, no probs. ask dav how heavy my box was tonight ;D

13. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Yes heavy with enough crab to last the average person a whole season ;D

I just got a new Silva LX thro the post. Light as a feather, rechargable NiMh battery and a quick charger. 15h on full power, and 60 on low power mode.

Looks the dogs doodah's I have to say and I just blinded myself and couldnt see anything for a while ::). We shall see how I get on with it once I get out fishing.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well I took both lamps with me tonight down Cornelian with quint and robster, not a good nights fishing but at least I could see what I was doing.Out of the two the Princeton gets my vote over the Spelio, much cleaner light and so mush easier to carry/use.

The quint dodging waves on the lookout bunker (afraid I wimped out for half an hour til the tide ebbed a bit !!)
    [​IMG]

Cheers worm (fishing gear for sale !!)

15. robq

robq Rockling

I still cant believe that there was nowt in there with that sea on ??? ???

16. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

its the tiga sl85 for me.

as for fish -there was! - the 'otter' scored again, about 700 yds to the south of you
    did you see the big red yamaha where you were parked?

17. newdave

newdave Guest

ace photo worm, real men do extreme fishing eh ! :eek: :eek:

maybe when Ian goes on is hol's, worm can get the otter to take him under his wing ???

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Oh no so John, you where fishing more towards Knipe then but on the nth side somewhere near where the gullie exits back out of the bay then ?

Hmmm we were advised by someone else to try nearer to that spot !!!
    Mind you thats fishing and I ve every respect for the dangerman quint, if I d turned up at Cornelian onj my own I d have turned round and gone somewhere else !!!

Cheers Dave.

19. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

Correct! ;) had two fish there last nite and two the night before

20. robq

robq Rockling

good skills John ;D ;D ;D

I saw your bike and was gonna nick your helmet ;D ;D

I did manage a couple of rockling but no cod :( :(