1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING HEADLIGHT - HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 8, 2007.

1. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

Re: FISHING HEADLAMPS - Head torch advice ?

what r the apexs like compared to the tiga . i have a mfa good light just not enough flood to see around you

2. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

samalite lamps are the best battery are more cumfy than a tiga

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well the Princeton has just arrived this morning and first trial in the understairs cupboard are very promising ....lol.....very very bright for such a small unit.
    Will hopefully be trialing it out on the rocks next week.Will update then.

Cheers Dave.

4. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

ok mate cheers

5. thumper

thumper New Member

I recentley bought a Princeton and used it for the first time last night. Light ,comfortable ,well made and a 10year guarantee. Got mine off E-bay from the states,34quid ,but had to pay £13 import duty on top of that. But im very impressed. No leads to snag ,water resistant to a metre. Plenty of power for such a small unit. You wont be disappointed. ;) Derek.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cheers Derek, Do you have a link to the shop you bought it off ? Thats a bloody decent price isnt it.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

So got the lamp now what rechargeable batteries give the best burn time please, so I don't buy the wrong type.
    Any links to suppliers would be really helpful too if possible.

Cheers Dave

8. Baramundi Bob

As far as I know with this type of rechargable batteries, just the same for camera's. The higher the ma rating the longer they will last. 2500 or more would b good.

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Glen any suppliers that are cheap that you know of ?
    oh yes i ve pm'd you also about something else

Cheers Dave

10. Baramundi Bob

Got my camera ones from Currys. Probably as cheep as anywhere mate.

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Cheers Glen , Amazon Duracell 2650 mah aa batteries and charger ordered.

Can't wait to get out on the rocks next week one night .

Cheer Dave.

12. uggy

uggy Blenny

Would this be the seller? Ask him if he'll send it as 'used' to avoid import tax, sellers in the States usually do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Princeton-Tec-Apex-pro-headlamp-color-orange_W0QQitemZ180154086594QQihZ008QQcategoryZ106984QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

And this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Princeton-Tec-APEX-Headlamp-Black_W0QQitemZ260154769572QQihZ016QQcategoryZ106984QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Or in cammo!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Princeton-Tec-APEX-Headlamp-Olive-Drab_W0QQitemZ260155203845QQihZ016QQcategoryZ106984QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Or this one's at auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-in-Box-Princeton-Tec-APEX-LED-Headlamp-LOOK_W0QQitemZ230166662171QQihZ013QQcategoryZ106984QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

13. thumper

thumper New Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Princeton-Tec-Apex-pro-headlamp-color-orange_W0QQitemZ180154086594QQihZ008QQcategoryZ106984QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
    The shop i got it from is called Got Your Gear (E-Bay Shop),but hasnt any left. This place is doing them at the same price. Amazon is the place for rechargeable batteries and chargers.Good Luck BB! ;)

14. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

fx 5 with a blind every angler around you bulb as you appologise and proceed to pull all of the fish ;D

15. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

I have some new batterires for the Tiga headlamp for sale if anyone is interested.

16. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

what price mop man

17. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

just bought a tiga sl12 awesome lamp its got to be the brightest out there cant believe how much light it throws out . it wants to though for 130 quid ;D

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Glen, I ve got a spelio anglers lamp that I thought was bright, more than enough to see your way along paths at night and to land fish .However the blue/white light from the princeton meens less power needed for most situations, watching the rod tip with reflective tape on can clearly be done on the lowest of the 4-led setting,whilst switch up to the high beam and you can put a spot out where your line enters the water.The biggest "for" that the Princeton has though is the tremendous battery life from such a small set of batteries, I was amazed at how good they are.

Cheers Jellyworm

19. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

My advise would be to go for a tiga or samlite. The metal hydride battery is much lighter than the lead acid one. However more expensive, take yor pick. :-\ :p

20. Baramundi Bob

Already have a tiga that I use for baiting (well its my second one really but i'll not mention what happened to the first :(). I'm a bit of a lazy sod and like to prop the rod in the rocks at times and watch for bites with my light on, however I dont like a bright light on when doing this so, I think the low light led on the princton should be good for this purpose. I also read the reviews from mackys site and quite a few people said when they had bought the princton they had ended up selling their tiga's as the new light was brighter when on full power. The jury is out but I will let you know what I think when it arrives and I start using it.