1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing From kayaks - Plugging, Trolling, Live Baits ???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by catch and release, May 19, 2013.

?

best methods?

1. plugs

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. live bait

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. catch and release

catch and release Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all

im new to this site and to kayaking. iv fished the shore since i could walk and have always targeted bass on peeler crab and rapalas. I know its very early in the season to be using plugs but the sun was shinning and the sea was flat.

went trolling for a good few hours around all my known marks today and didnt even get a hit. was wondering if i am doing something wrong?

iv never trolled before and was looking for some tips and pointers? i also took a rod for catching live bait loaded with sabiki feathers,it was success full and i landed a few launce,

i tried free lining them but ended up drifting faster than the bait so i put a rolling lead on and ended up dragging it on the bottom,its also the first time iv ever used live bait,that also didnt work?

any tips and help would be more than welcome.

thanks

2. Re: bass/kayaks

Hi out of interest where were you today you thought the see was flat ?

Was there any fog ?

Cheers

U

3. catch and release

catch and release Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: bass/kayaks

i was in west wales. no wind until late afternoon and flat carm waters,no fog either just very sunny.

4. Re: bass/kayaks

Cheers

:happy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: B Fishing From kayaks - Plugging, Trolling, Live Baits ???

hi Mate, this is a subject a lot of us will love. Bass fishing from Kayaks is an amazing sport. There are many lads here with more qualifications than me to speak on this subject.

I arent familiar with wales, but if I was talking about Yorkshire I would say its just a little bit too early. Another month here will make all the difference.

I would look to charter boat catches in your area or private boat catches. Are they getting bass on plugs or launce yet ?? If they are then I would look at your times for fishing. Bass are easy to catch but notoriously very frustrating too. They never seem to follow any real regular pattern. sometimes they feed and others they dont. Im sure there are patterns to this but not one I have worked out yet.

Plugging isnt that difficult, nor is freelining. Maybe add a light lead when freelining to get the launce down in the water.

Sometimes when trolling Ive paddled about for 3 or more hours for nothing, then all of a sudden they are on the feed and you get 10 in as many casts.

Maybe try lures tht swim at different depths. Try everything but dont give up, you will catch them and Im sure there is some of good size and in good numbers near you.