1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fishing eyemouth

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by andyp, Feb 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. andyp

andyp New Member

Thinking of fishing in and around eyemouth.have any of you lads fished up there and if so have you any pointers?any info would be much appreciated.cheers.andy.

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

have a search for eyemouth or st abbs on here mate or ask big cliff he knows the area very well and has put some reports up. I don't know when you are thinking of going and I dont know what the winter fishing is like but the summer kelpy and pollack fishing is excellent. I've only been once, with Alan at the beginning of october and we got a few fish..

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17565.0

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Andy, just type in Eyemouth and or St Abbs I have put several posts with pics and info about this lovelly area , there has also been several good articles from other forum members

4. codnchips

codnchips until the end

hi mate. if you do go, be very careful if there is any ice or even water on the rocks/grass as access to the fishing marks is very very steep! also phone reception up there is not existant so go with someone for safety

tight lines

5. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just caught the end of a news bulletin, ST abbs /eyemouth area to recieve funding to improve area for visitors/etc.

6. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

some good marks at eyemouth... south of the town and across the golf course ... there is a coastal path ... and all along this path there are some cracking gulleys and rock marks.... stout footware and travel light if you can... some tricky climb downs on the rocks ... if its wet it is very slippy so take care..

some photos of marks across the golf course .... all marks were snaggy so recommend rotton bottoms rigs and usual heavy ground tactics.... unless you float fishing or using lures but thats mainly summer fishing..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the next two pics are the whalt point area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

in eyemouth there are a couple of decent marks ..just park near the caravan site and access is all along the cliff tops next to the caravan park.. just follow it north the first mark you see will be a rocky outcrop ,, i think its called "the cannons" further round to the north there is big bay which has a few marks on the cliffs all the way along till you hit the beach...

a couple of pics from the cliff tops behind the caravan site looking towards the beach

this mark "killiedraught bay" was a clean to mixed ground mark if casting about 50 yds +
    [​IMG]

st abbs in the distance
    [​IMG]

hope this helps a bit... but as always if its wet weather take great care on those rocks...
    good luck
    Paul

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

8. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some big deep ground swells rolling in there today when I went past Eyemouth, if you're on a shore mark this weekend go careful

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

lovely place to fish, had some good results from there over the years :yes: