1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING AT RAVENSCAR - Blea Wyke today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well quint and I decided we would try to find the way down to the above today,also that we might as well take the rods if we were going to go all the way down might as well have a chuck while down there.
    We were advised that we would be wasting our time due to the sea state but hey ho we were going down anyway.

[​IMG]

The path was nearly totally obscured by undergrowth but after a battle we found the decent.Iain having the easy option of following the cries and giggles as I slid most of the way down on my arse as I couldn t see the footholes for braken and brambles !!

[​IMG]

Good to see that the hard work of the guys who roped this venue have done a sterling job and all ropes secure and in good order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once down the place looked very promising and thanks to some secret info we had a few spots to try out.
    First cast for us both resulted in a nice red fish for me and a small mop for Iain.
    I lost the next one in the kelp (inexperience showing through)

[​IMG]

We then moved to another spot again with stacks of deep water to cast into , the lead seems to take forever to hit bottom.

[​IMG]

A couple more fish to Iain and bites to me but no fish :mad:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Next fish ? well I reckon there was more than just a striking resemblence to its captor, it was a bloody double take on him !!
    [​IMG]

After that we decided we seen enough and best left til another day , oh dear that climb looked huge !!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The drink at the top was a life saver, don't go down there if you are not reasonably fit and deffo don't catch 35lb of fish and try hauling them up unless you are superhuman ;) ;D

Thanks to those concerned who shared some of the info not in this report and good luck to all in the forth coming festivals, hope to be at at least one maybe more of the matches.

Cheers Jellyworm.

2. chesterrob

chesterrob i may be blind but i can fish !

Re: Blea Wyke today

Looks like you had a good time fishing there
    I for one just get vertigo looking at pics of the climb down, glad there are not too many places like that over this side of the country, but then there are not too many codling that size either lol.
    With not really knowing the area that well how far away from Whitby is Blea wyke ?

Cheers Rob

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

so much for wasting your time ;)

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I know but to be honest we were really surprised to catch anything as the sea was a lot bigger and more coloured than we would have liked for summer fishing, just goes to shaow that you can never 100% predict what will happen only try to piece together a picture.

5. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Nice one lads, looks like a canny day out.

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good report and pictures Worm, that codling looks like it has put some weight on, unlike the one on the Drive that remarkable shed pounds as it came in!

7. robq

robq Rockling

Nice one lads !!

Good to see you didnt take the easy route and go down above ladygreen ;D ;D

I thought you didnt like cliffs Dave ?? we'll be seeing you down bemmo next !!

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done lads sounds like you had a good day out and thanks for trampling the briars down for me ;D Watch out for tics though :eek:

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The tics ? I had one b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,but I'M o,o,o,o,o,o,k,k,k,k,k now twitch twitch !!!

10. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

he he ! r they any cut off points down there or can u fish it right through

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

looks like one cut off but its a venue with limited times for when it fishes.....

12. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

nice day for iyt anyway lads

13. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Did someone mention an easier way down ::) Do share cos I swear ive nearly died everytime ive come back up those ropes ;)

Loads of people have mentioned that there is an "easier" way down but no-one ever seems to be able to elaborate. Is a secret only those with the biggest most potent crystals can gain access to....... ;D

14. robq

robq Rockling

Instead of going straight down the ropes just walk south along the clifftop to just before the old lookout tower which is around about a 10 minute walk to the south of the tea rooms. just before you get to it you will find a little path that leads all the way down to ladygreen, if you are going to fish bleawyke immediately though you will have a 400 yard scramble across big slimy boulders which is not much fun :p :p

15. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

WELL DONE LADS, good effort ! and better still a result that makes it worthwhile
    i just love the spot myself, awsome place, and good fishing too.

16. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Good reports Dave n mint Pics wouldn't mind fishing it myself is it on the north side of s'boro thanks

Danny

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

yes Dan it is nth of Scarb. ;D

18. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Might go for a trip there then

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Interesting bit of info about blea wyke here -

http://www.allenby.info/aircraft/planes/41/wyke.html

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Intresting Glen, i have seen some wreckage in between the boulders when ive fished down there.