1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FISHING AT RAVENSCAR - blea-wyke steel today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by northbayotter, Aug 21, 2007.

1. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

fished blea-wyke today
    for two nice codlings apx 1lb 12oz and 2lb 8oz (both red-uns) nice sea running , big enough but not too big,
    both fish caught on peeler crab, lost a third but better fish (apx. 4-6lbs) trying to get it up- over the scar edge.

great day in a wild and unspoilt place, even saw a deer on the way down.

both fish returned alive! -cos i know one 'otter' that doesnt like carrying them back up that hill!

2. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Re: blea-wyke steel today

Nice few fish reward for the hike up and down.

The few times ive been down I rarely feel like carrying myself back up nevermind anything else. God knows how people get good bags of codling back up those ropes

3. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

believe me i know exactly what you mean! -like i said when i fish there the fish almost always get to swim away!!

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nice one John, will be in the shop just after lunchtime to pick up my bulk order as arranged ;D ;D.

Going for a few hours fishing after that somewhere nth of Scarb. (bait going in temp lodgings in a mates freezer).

Cheers Dave.

5. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

not bad john i though you may av had a chuck in long hole though ???

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Is this long hole i keep hereing about ,just north of robin hoods bay,or is it the main gulley at the bay ...?

7. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

just north i think matey however im not sure you better ask northbayotter that one he likes that spot ;)

8. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

wrong side of r.h's bay for that matey! -long hole is on the northside of the bay just under north cheek .

if you know where the wrecked trawler (sarb j.) is at the base of the cliff , the long hole lies alongside the next scar (walking north) you will see it well enough

9. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

ok mate ;D

10. robq

robq Rockling

So is that just south and around the corner from hommerel then John ??

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yep

12. robq

robq Rockling

Aahhh that makes sense now !!

Cheers Glenn ;D ;D

13. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member