1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing At Goldsborough

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. hopper

hopper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

would it not be easier to walk from runswick yhan climb down the cliffs i know you might not be able to at high water

3. Baramundi Bob

If you have about 2-3 spare hours, maybe :wink:.

4. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Thats if your running :confused: :confused:

5. Joe

Joe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

surely can not be has bad as a walk as ravenscare now thats a killer

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I once walked from kettleness to the rail tunnell gully,then a couple hundred yards more to fish a club match, it took me about an hour and turned my ankle a few times, and it was dark and bloody difficult :wounded: it was worth the walk and won the match, :happy:

but never walked it again ,after that it was down the cliff
    if you take your time it isnt to bad, just remember it,s not a race

7. ste muir

ste muir New Member

I did the same thing whilst fishing an open when the foot and mouth crisis put the usual route out of bounds.Absolute killer,and unlike you Harry i didn't win,nor did i catch a thing! To attempt to walk from Runswick would be pointless.Remember,you also have to walk back mate!

8. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

9. Baramundi Bob

I would think that if you really wanted to walk from anywhere, the place to come from would be Sandsend.

10. Woodys Dad

Woodys Dad New Member

I walked the route from Kettleness ( down the rope ) and around the base of the cliffs last Winter to recce the Goldsborough marks . It was very tough going and that was in daylight with no fishing gear . I made my way up just past that big gulley in the photograph where there had been a landslide . I think this was the WRONG WAY as I neared the top it was practically sheer and I ended up mountain climbing not walking :scare: :scare: However going up seemed easier then going back so I just kept calm and eventually made my way to the top , very relieved , and totally exhausted .
    If it had been dark and I had been carrying my fishing gear I would have been in serious trouble .
    I guess the moral of the story is exactly what you say and go with someone who knows the route , or at least make sure you are confident that you know where you are supposed to be .

11. Baramundi Bob

Think I might star a tour of Goldsborough. Get a mini bus up.

12. cps

cps Rockling

its only a mild climb that one 20 minuets back to the car from fishing max