1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod Fishing Fishing Advice For Runswick Bay Please ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Yozzer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Yozzer

Yozzer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Does this stretch fish better on neap tides or springs ?

2. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Hi Yozzer, could you elaborate on your question for us. Are we talking, Shore, Boat or Kayak ?

What sort of fish are you targeting ?

3. Yozzer

Cod fishing from the shore

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had some from the boathouse area on the flood

5. Yozzer

On a neap tide or spring ?

6. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

By and large I always liked it on a Neap tide, especially over low water as it seems to be a venue that doesn't fish to well when all the water empties out. Places like Wills Mums and The Sewer hole seem to favour those neap tides over low. If the fish are there then they can be there in big numbers but the water needs to be there for them to swim and feed in.

But there are always exceptions to the rules There are places around that left side that also favour a massive ebb.

The same is true of the right side. They usually favour the neaps. Those shallow scars around on the right such as Little run and hill stones like the water to stay on the scars. Those holes empty out on big ebbs. Again there is the odd shot where the situation is different but in terms of fishing Runswick I would say 90% of my fishing there was on neaps to mid range tides. I used to go elsewhere for the bigger ebb tides. Boggle hole and Goldsborough and Hawsker been a selection of the places I would go on Spring tides.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yozzer

Thanks Glenn

• Like Like x 1
  8. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top reply, Glenn

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

flood for me but there will be anglers on here that fish it more regularly

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Glenns said it all really. i like small tides for the beach and wills mams, mid sized tides for the left rock edges plus there's a couple of spots i know that fish well on a big tide. Still got a lot to learn about the place though. Thats the beauty of it, there is so much to go at.

• Like Like x 1