1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing aboard two dogs at WHitby - sat 26th April with pics.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

7 of us from boulby potash had our first trip out ov the season with john on 2 dogs on sat ,we set sail at 7 into a brisk southwest wind john decided to go north for abit ov shelter so we hit a couple ov wrecks of boulby abit slow at first due to getting plaged with seals, but then the wind dropped a little and we were straight into the fish we started to pull some nice cod up mainly on shads and some on squid,we headed out about 8-9 mile of boulby and then the wind started to pick up while we were out there a boat came from no were and came right along side us figuring that we must be over a wreck 6 big lads came out of the wheel house and started fishing pirates got a photo !!!!! again we all had a really good day a think between 35-40 cod caught biggest about 7 pound and 1 ling , i personally lost 2 really good fish the rod was bent double 1 pulled the hook out and the other just 1 shake ov the head and it was gone as you can guess the air was blue!!! once again john really looked after us again already looking forward to the next trip next month i took a few pics but i forgot to charge the camera so alot ov the photos didnt come out these are the ones that did tight lines
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: fishing aboard two dogs sat 26th april with pics.

Great report Bowsey and fantastic pictures. I always think that a report is never complete without the snaps as they tell a story all in themselves. Looks like you really enjoyed your day and theres one thing you can be sure of - The best is yet to come as the fishing will only get better from here on in. Cant wait to see you all at the festival - Hopefully you lads will be weighing in the big double figure cod again.

:happy:

3. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

Re: fishing aboard two dogs sat 26th april with pics.

cheers glen much apreciated about the comments had a really good day ,as you said you have to take a few shots of the day so other people can see what there missing and hopefully bring in more bookings for the charter boats as all these lads deserve it for all the hard work they put in