1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Is there more bigger fish around from the shore this year ? I was expecting a mop year with a lot of fish being right on the measure but I've seen a lot up around the 5 pound mark with a fair sprinkling of double figure cod. Has there been more big fish about this year ?

2. Kelpster

Kelpster New Member

i think you are right glen.for the past 5 years or so[since i had the 17lb fish],i havent had anything over 8lb although i lost one 3 years ago on the rocks in front of cowbar jetty that was about 15lb.all we could do was watch it go up and down with the swells until the snood parted on the rocks that it had swam into.this year though ive been lucky enough to have had 5 over 7lb ,2 over 9lb and 1 over 11lb. lets hope theres plenty more around for all of us'

3. cps

cps Rockling

no def amop year for me had my bigest fish tonight a whopper of 4lb 4 oz ;D

4. Baramundi Bob

I get the feeling your saving up for something Chris.

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

I really do hope thats the case for me too. biggest so far me self is only 5lb ,plenty upto but nothing quite substansial as yet ,well over 5lb i mean lol.... still theres always tonight .......or tommowrow if were not snowed in ....

6. cps

cps Rockling

I get the feeling your saving up for something Chris.
    yep to pay the £60 speeding ticket i got on my way home on tus night :mad:

7. Baramundi Bob

LOL

Where did he get you ?

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

one over 10 lb , 3 over 9lb, 7 over 8lb , 5 over 7lb, couldldnt tell you how many 5's and 6's, and lost 3 defo doubles in as many weeks, but i cant say that there is any change in fish sizes really, i pleasure fish more than most so every season i tend to pull a lot of good fish out, i think last season was better, with a bigger average size of the fish i was catching :)

9. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

my mate got his PB last night.codling 6lb 10 oz.lad next to us got 1 @ 3.5lb.i caught 1 @ 2lb.

10. cps

cps Rockling

Where did he get you ?
    100 yards :mad: into the 30mph as you come into filey , at 12 o clock you'd think they had better things to do than nick people that take there foot of the gas as they come through the signs not a 100 yard before

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

woops sorry, 2 over 9lb's (was counting the one over 10lb)

12. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

take me all night to look through those links lol