1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First trip this year a change of coast

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by tatch1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Saturday morning arrived & we set off to meet the rest of the lads steve had already informed us it was foggy in Manchester & sure enough after we had gone a mile over the tops we found it pea soup all the way to liverpuddle:(.We boarded the boat & were soon out of the lock with a few more boats visibility was zilch for most of the day fish were coming steady away from the off codling dabs & some very nice whiting skipper Si kept us all well supplied with tea & coffee throughout the day even feeding us with a big bowl of pasta Bolognese:D.We moved from our mark a bit later & found our new one a bit slow to start till the tide picked up then the fish stated coming again the fog lifted a bit & our skipper produced his top secret destroyer rig [​IMG][​IMG] o_OWhich proved to be a killer he was pulling up a fish a chuck with it:rolleyes:whiting cod dabs they all loved it too soon the end of trip arrived & we were back in the marina ready for the journey home in the pea soup again as an alternative to uptiding in the Humber for a change its well recommended here's a few photos of the day [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] And last of all how could I forget this one the skipper & his greater pebble dashed Bog Fish :eek:[​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Cracking mate,big lols,
    Is the destroyer what I think it is?
    Made me chuckle.
    Atb Dek

3. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aye its just what you think it is ;)

4. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Tatch,
    Some people are so "anal" over their rigs.Im sure I've seen Dan at Whitby angling centre with one of those

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report bud looks like a good day out

6. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Tatch, You can always rely on Simon to put you over a few fish on Suveran. Thats a funny looking object ! Not the Bog, the black knobbly thing,is it a sinker ?
    Was Jensen out as well, I wonder if Tony uses those black black knobbly things ? :)

Roger