1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first time at goldsborough (now with pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BOOMSTICK, Oct 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

after taking some leads up for jamsy he told me he was off to goldsborough and asked me if id like to tag along so since i had never been before and the bloke has had 4 doubles out of there over the years i thought who better to go with.

picked him up 6 and off we went for me to lose my goldsborough virginity. arrived just before half 6 and set off on the long walk down. the wind at the top wasnt to bad and the sea looked good with a few swells coming in and thick with colour.

once down there we headed for the mark jamsy chose to fish but after baiting up the wind started howling round the cliff and we were realy strugling to stand so we moved for slighty more sheltered area. first cast baited up with cart and mussell it all went wrong and my reel spat out a load of line and the bait went about 30yds but i left it there for a while but to no availe.

second cast again baited up with cart and mussell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i managed to get the cast out to were i needed it and after about 5 min my rod lunged over struck in to it and it was on. As i was bringing it in jamsy struck in to a fish but lost it before he got it out the kelp. After a few heart stoping moments i got mine out the kelp and it was at my feet a nice codling about 3 and a half pounds :cheesy: . will put pictures on when i figure out how to do it with my ancient phone since my all singing all dancing UNWATERPROOF 1 died :hurt: .
    [​IMG]

jamsy isnt the best photographer lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baited up again and out it went after a few minutes bang rod went again another fish on but as i got it to my feet it made 1 last dash for freedom and escaped what followed is to expliced to post on here :wounded: as i was baiting up again jamsy came over with a mop about 1 and a half lb.

next cast just resulted in weed then on the next 1 i got another huge bite but was snagged and when i tried to break free i felt the fish bump off before i got it free then jamsy had the exact same thing. then the wind picked up again were we were fishing and it was to dangerous to stay so called it a night and started the grouling walk back up (give me hummersea any day) :yes:

all in all a good night ruined by the wind but its a new mark for me and ii got a nice fish from it so im happy and still enjoyed it down there

cheers scotty

2. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Re: first time at goldsborough

Nice one Scotty take it you went down the goat track.

3. BOOMSTICK

yeh we did mate it was disgusting lol will deffo go back though

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done mate, nice fish. not so sure about jamsy's photography skills mind :laugh:

5. BOOMSTICK

david bailey's got nothing on jamsy lol top bloke though taking the time to show me the mark even if he cant take pictures

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one and glad you managed a fish. Was round Jamsey's yesterday and he said he was venturing down Goldsbrough. he's had a fair few good fish from there including a 17lb caught in Redcar Open. Personally I would of waited until sea dropped a little I dont like Goldsbrough on a big sea, always had my best results down there on a dyeing sea or even when its totally flattened off... If you think its a bag walk Scotty try Blea wyke next time..

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Scotty :yes:. Might be worth putting some thicker oil in those bearings you were showing me the other day mate.

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Scotty, learnt a new mark and caught. Not a bad result at all :yes:

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done mate. thats the best picture i have seen of you :laugh:

10. BOOMSTICK

it was just me been special davo mate lol was fine the rest of the night

11. andym

andym Rockling

Well done Scotty

12. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like you had a good nite mate well done on the fish scotty...

13. BOOMSTICK

Cheers lads. would have been better if it wasnt so windy

14. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Well done on the nice Cod Scotty, and I'm glad that you still thought that it was worth all the effort getting down to that mark. I've never tried it myself but was thinking about it when I recently walked along the Cleveland Way from Ravenscar to RHB. That was in much better weather though and I'm getting on a bit nowadays.
    Hoping to explore the area in the yak next summer and I've got GPS co-ordinates for a couple of wrecks which are quite close in. Boggle Hole looks like being my launch site.

15. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Scotty, at least the trek was worth it.

Nick